Canada Entry and Covid Requirements - 2022 Hunting Season

Has anyone had any trouble with Covid requirements while flying to Canada so far this season?

As best I can tell, I'm good to go. I'm just fretting about the scenario they try to say my vaccine is too old. I've seen some countries put an expiration on the vaccine. I haven't read anything official that Canada has implemented an expiration date. I got the J&J last year before my sheep hunt. I don't want another.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/t...ed-travellers-entering-canada#determine-fully

OMB

WKR
I had the J&J in May 2021 and had zero issues coming into Calgary. Did everything in ArriveCAN, scanned the QR code on entry and that was that. The further north I got, the less anyone cared about enforcing mask stuff even.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I was last in BC in July and it keeps getting easier. Just have the arrive can done. The only time I needed a mask was at the border itself, including at restaurants and stores and stuff.

OP
dreamingWest
I had the J&J in May 2021 and had zero issues coming into Calgary. Did everything in ArriveCAN, scanned the QR code on entry and that was that. The further north I got, the less anyone cared about enforcing mask stuff even.
Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

I flew into Vancouver last night and had zero issues. My vaccinations were in May 2021. They didn’t even open my gun case to look at rifle just processed papers and moved on.

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
What is everyone putting as an address for the outfitters out of Norman Wells on the Arrive Canada app? I'm with MMO. Do I use the Heritage Hotel in Norman Wells?

OP
dreamingWest
Last year, RTO had us use the name of their base camp lake.

I'm thinking Heritage Hotel would be fine, but hopefully someone will give you a more certain answer.

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
I also used the heritage hotel address. The whole process using the ArriveCan was much easier than I thought it would be. Canadian customs was a breeze and the guys were friendly. I was vaccinated in 2021 as well. Enjoy the journey and can’t wait to hear the story when you get back!

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
I also used the heritage hotel address. The whole process using the ArriveCan was much easier than I thought it would be. Canadian customs was a breeze and the guys were friendly. I was vaccinated in 2021 as well. Enjoy the journey and can’t wait to hear the story when you get back!
Thank for the good word. I still can’t believe it’s finally here…4 years in the making. I’ll breath easier when I actually land in Norman wells with all my gear!

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I would have to double check but I don’t think it is required. I’m pretty sure if you’re not vaccinated you have to test and quarantine but don’t quote me on that. It’s definitely harder. There is a website somewhere that lays out entry requirements

So you must be vaxxed to enter Canada? Are unvaxxed completely excluded?
Depends on what you’re there for. If you’re going to Canada for hunting, fishing, tourist type activities you must be vaccinated or have a medical letter to enter the country.