Can We Keep This Ultra Thread Open?

Hawkeye

FNG
Hey guys,

Hawkeye, thanks for the critique. I will keep it in mind in the future. Over a year ago when I did the toss and roll tests, I didn't foresee the hullabaloo it would create.

:

Bitteroot, I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I am very appreciative of your unbiased third party review of the packs.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Anybody can throw a pack off a hill,, Becca and I did the "hill test" while wearing our Kifaru packs, before the throw it off test was even cool. :)

Exactly. Hope you both healed up well. I at least had trees to stop my tumble. Goat country tumbles look more dangerous.

Hawkeye

FNG
Anybody can throw a pack off a hill,, Becca and I did the "hill test" while wearing our Kifaru packs, before the throw it off test was even cool. :)

IMGP0636-2.jpg

IMGP0621.jpg

IMGP0619.jpg

IMGP0625.jpg

Both packs came anyway undamaged, can't say the same for us.

101011-G-0113H-017-FemalehikermedevacinKodiak.jpg

I watched your episode on Alaska outdoors and noticed the pink rokslide hat on Becca. You guys put on a great show. Tough girl.

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
I preordered mine the first day you could. Yesterday I was expecting it Thursday, todays tracking shows it should be here Friday. This is my first Kuiu pack, or first Kuiu anything. It is replacing a hand-me-down cabelas external frame from my dad, so I expect a big upgrade as far as weight and comfort are concerned. The rest will be determined in the future. Ill post any updates as I use the pack.

PA 5-0

WKR
I preordered mine the first day you could. Yesterday I was expecting it Thursday, todays tracking shows it should be here Friday. This is my first Kuiu pack, or first Kuiu anything. It is replacing a hand-me-down cabelas external frame from my dad, so I expect a big upgrade as far as weight and comfort are concerned. The rest will be determined in the future. Ill post any updates as I use the pack.

Take caution buying your first Kuiu piece. It could be a high level threat to your bank account. Very addictive stuff.

Wapiti66

Lil-Rokslider
Take caution buying your first Kuiu piece. It could be a high level threat to your bank account. Very addictive stuff.

Yes...I am tempted to keep buying more backcountry gear, not only from Kuiu, but several other companies that keep tempting me with new gear. Although I have what I NEED to go elk hunting, every year I try to upgrade to better lighter gear that I WANT. One piece at a time, it takes lots of self control at times not to fill up shopping carts once I start.

jeebs08

FNG
I am a newb here, but I did receive my pack yesterday. It is actually pretty awesome to hold and fit. I only put about 50lbs in, so I could adjust all of the straps, etc, but it feels very nice. I still cant get over how light it is. I added the extra lumbar support pad, which was harder than it should have been. I like lots of lumbar padding. I also threw on the extra straps that it came with. I figured the pack is almost 4lbs lighter than my last pack, so i have some wiggle room for a couple straps. It is a little time consuming to get the pack ready to pack meat on the frame, but I figure if I am trying to put meat between my pack and my frame, my hunt is done anyways! I can't wait to throw all my gear in it and go for a backpacking trip with the scouts next weekend, and then bear hunting after that!
View attachment 14996