Camp pics, and a PSA.

11boo

WKR
We have a great spot. Hunt most days from the tent. Elk are everywhere, yet nowhere. Great season about to wrap up. We park trucks 7 miles away and get in with SxSs. Road is brutal, impassable to jeeps and larger unless someone saws a log out. Big rocks in front of the machine make it a 65” trail about 3 miles in.

IMG_9542.jpeg

Camp spot is one of the best I’ve had.

IMG_9494.jpegIMG_9611.jpegIMG_9502.jpeg

Had some visitors. They asked to take a pic of the flag. Absolutely, may I get a few of your crew?

IMG_9584.jpegIMG_9579.jpeg

The Public service announcement? If you bang in this far, do not set up 88 yards from another tent. Particularly when there are no other camps for 4 miles. And when you bring a generator in this far, don’t be shocked when I come into your camp and use language I won’t repeat here.
Our neighbors only lasted a few nights. All brand new gear including a pop up toilet tent. They were not from around here.

IMG_9714.jpeg

More later, got a ton of stuff to do around home and get back up the mountain.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
IMG_9713.jpegIMG_9711.jpegIMG_9709.jpegHeard from a friend up there my neighbors broke their receiver hitch on the SxS from overloading the basket carrier halfway out. Supposedly left the hitch basket carrier next to the trail. Trash people. Same type as the ones who think flagging tape is not enough.

Ray Charles could follow the trail without this crap.

SonnyDay

WKR
Wow. That's obnoxious and disrespectful all around. I don't condone spray painting trees on public land... but maybe bring along a can of brown and a can of gray next time you get out there to cover that shite up?

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Wow. That's obnoxious and disrespectful all around. I don't condone spray painting trees on public land... but maybe bring along a can of brown and a can of gray next time you get out there to cover that shite up?
Yeah the jackasses hit about every 10th tree. It is BS but I probably won’t paint over it. Enough damage already and I would need 3 colors to hide the aspens they painted.

OP
11boo

11boo

WKR
Contact the FS.
You must have seen their rig where they parked?
It would be easy to find, but they are not the same idiots that painted the trees. The painter hit those a few years ago.

I’m pretty easy to get along with, unless you set up camp on top of me when there were plenty of better spots all over, or start spray painting trees.