Camp cots

Im getting really tired of my standard cot for elk base camp. Not getting a good night sleep, wale up stiffer than and old guy overdosing on the blue stuff.

What are you guys using that is so good, that after you kill, instead of returning home to your lady, you prefer a few more nights in camp on that cot that is better than your bed back in the casa?

Will be used next to the road, base camp, 10x14 Kodiak tent.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I like most any of them that are 40"x84" or close to that and at least 22" high for sitting on. I also have plenty of foam padding I put on them as well. I really do sleep better on my cots than in bed. I even take one with the foam when I'm traveling in case the hotel beds are too firm. My lower back can't handle a firm bed.

Scotto

WKR
Don't know about better than coming come home to the lady, but the cot of your choice and throw a Megamat 10 on top. It is worth every penny. Have spent multiple weeks, multiple times, on this combo in my 12x14 Davis.

sndmn11

WKR
I use the big boy cot and cot pad from Davis Tent. They are a pain to set up, but great after that. I use the cot pads at home quite a bit in the house and outside for various things.

Tick

WKR
The Davis tent cot is a sturdy platform for a bed. Combine a bedroll with memory foam and sheets makes a great night of sleep.

bpa556

Lil-Rokslider
I use the big boy cot and cot pad from Davis Tent. They are a pain to set up, but great after that. I use the cot pads at home quite a bit in the house and outside for various things.

^^This is the best base camp cot I have ever used, bar none!

It’s heavy and bulky to store and takes a few minutes to set up, but I’ve slept on this thing for weeks at a time and never found cause to regret the purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use the xxl outfitter cot and pad from Sportsman’s warehouse. Works pretty good for me but I may pick up a thicker pad after this season.

This makes everything better, whether it's on a cot or on the ground it's great. Wife calls it my princess mattress and I generally don't truck/boat camp without it.

Beautysleep Siesta Memory Foam Lounger, Portable Rollaway Sleeping Mattress with Washable Cover and Travel Bag, Ideal for Camping, Guest Bed, Comfort Foam Sleep Floor Bed, Twin https://a.co/d/0fSksoI

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the exped Mega mat for a few seasons. Absolutely love it on top of my cot. I put a twin mattress pad cover over the road and cot and have a washable cover to get dirty. Looks like there are a few similar designs being made by alps(outback mat xl) and another I can't seem to remember. Saw, the knockoffs at sportsman's warehouse the other day.

PWCGray

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
davis big boy cot for comfort is the best. you can sit on edge also, doesn't tilt on you. tons of space underneath due to their height. i have put up thousands of them and still periodically get it wrong... only down side.

simple foam pads on them work well. I have also used the badger bed and it is a great setup.

years ago I changed a bunch of big boy cots out for lighter weight cots - every single one of my repeat clients complained... bwhahahah! geez

TaperPin

WKR
The month before an important trip I sleep a few nights a week at home on whatever I’m taking to the field. It seems to help a lot.