Camoing HH Impertech jacket and pants?

raisins

FNG
I am planning to purchase HH Impertech jacket and bibs (or maybe pants).

The jacket can be had in camo, sometimes, but haven't found the bibs/pants in camo. I'll likely get the green-brown in top and bottom. This will be for bow hunting whitetails, and I like to stay away from solid chunks of the same color fabric. I have a leaf suit I often wear, but don't know if it will fit over this or if that's advisable in rain.

As far as I know, the material is a nylon or vinyl coated rubber.

I have dyed nylon with RIT dye to good effect several times (webbing and even a spyderco knife handle). I'm considering taking earth toned (black, dark drown, maybe dark green) RIT liquid dye and allowing it to sit on the fabric for various lengths of time to blotch it and break up my outline. You can dye large items like this outside of a pot of heated water, you just apply the dye warm (not hot enough to damage anything) and then let it sit way longer than directions indicate (camo'd a large nylon backpack this way). Or I was considering taking latex house paint (or maybe acrylic artist paint) and painting on an ASAT pattern. I want to stay away from something that has solvents, like spray paint.

Ruining the look of the garment (human appeal-wise) doesn't matter to me. I will only wear it in the woods to hunt.

Of course, I want the pattern to stick around for a while and be effective, and most importantly I don't want to destroy the waterproof-ness and structural integrity of the garment.

I think the substances I mentioned are pretty benign to most materials (could be wrong)

Thoughts? Cautions? Better approaches and things I haven't thought of? Anyone done anything similar (google and searching here suggests "no" for impertech)?

Thanks - R

rayporter

WKR
I have camo pants so they are made.

did you think of a rattle can of paint? might try that on pant legs for a test. I would try paint first, but you may have to try different brands.
luck-ray

OP
R

raisins

FNG
I'm afraid the solvent in the spray paint might hurt the exterior.

Glad to hear that the Impertechs are available in camouflage (at least were). Haven't found them yet, spent around 2 hours looking online.

mcseal2

WKR
I got some HH bibs in Outfitter camo a few years ago from Cabelas. They were on sale then so maybe it was a close out. I have a 3/4 length HH jacket in a duck hunting camo pattern also I think came from Amazon.