Camo shirt that is not $100 but good for multi-day trip

El Coyote

FNG
Hey everyone, I'm in need of a basic camo shirt that I can use for rifle/archery mule deer hunting. Not looking to pay $100 for the fanciest camoflauge pattern out there but I DO like the idea of Merino wool or something that will help me hunt hard and stay in the field longer. I like the idea of camo to break up my outline but looking online and I feel like people are trying to see how cool they can look.

I just want a good camo shirt that will do the job and looking more for quality than cool looking patterns.

Does anybody have any recommendations? I have some basic camo cotton shirts but want something that is more geared for the guy hiking back 8 miles and staying for a few days at a time? Or does this stuff no exist unless I buy the slickest looking camo top and bottom?

I think you’re paying for merino, not the camo. You may consider not having camo at all, rather a solid, natural color. Then that opens you up to a lot more choices. What weight garment are you looking for? Minus 33 used to make a camouflage merino mid-weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Keep an eye out on Camofire, some decent budget stuff comes up on there somewhat often.

stump06

WKR
2nd for Camo fire. Sitka, Kryptek and black ovis merino pop up on there regularly. The black Ovis is really good for the money and I've heard good things about the Kryptek, don't own any tho.

TxxAgg

WKR
I like Woolly brand merino shirts. You could always throw a walmart camo shirt over a short sleeved Woolly

matthewmt

WKR
FL Chama any camo used in classifieds section would work.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk