Camera for 65mm Vortex Razor HD

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys,

I bought a Vortex Razor HD 65mm spotter a few weeks ago and planned to use it for some digiscoping. I should've looked into it a bit more, but it's done now.

Anyhow, i have a Panasonic DMC FZ40 camera that won't work due to the high magnification, i also have a waterproof point and shoot panasonic, can't remember the model and i'm away at work right now. that one won't work either, as the aperture is high and to the left, it won't fit with either of the adapter kits i bought with the spotter.

I have a phoneskope kit coming to suit my S4 Galaxy, but thought it might be good to get another point and shoot to use too. What do yo guys recommend? I did look at video posted here, but seeing as i already have 2 adapters and another on the way, i don't want to buy a fourth.

What should i look for for a good digiscoping camera, under 5x optical zoom from what i have read, anything else?

Thanks

Measure the outside diameter of the eyepiece. rubber eye cup stays on. It it is near 1 and 7/8" then you may be able to build an adapter with a 1.5" ABS pipe cap. Keep in mind that the 1.5" cap is named after the inner diameter of the pipe so the cap inner diameter is the size of the outer diameter of the pipe and much larger.

See link here

I put that post in the wrong forum. It is very specific to the type of camera and spotter.

There are various clamp on systems that will allow for a lot of adjustment of where the camer lens is vs the spotter eyepiece.

What type of other adapters did you get with the spotter? If they mount up a camera with a filter thread on its lens there are many options to start looking at.

Before I spent the $ on the 2 adapters that I can't use with the 2 cameras I have now.
Ended up buying a phoneskope adapter to use with my galaxy s4 for now.

Back