Camera Chest Rig Help

rharbaugh

WKR
I'm looking at getting my wife a chest rig to hold her camera when we go out on hikes. She usually carries it in her backpack and it's a slow process taking it out every time she wants to snap a picture. What do you all recommend for chest rigs or easier ways to carry a camera while hiking?

Thank you,

RH

PJG

WKR

snowblind

FNG
I really like the Think Tank Photo Digital Holster Harness. The strap design pulls the pack tight to your belly and takes the weight off the shoulder straps.

I use mine with a lowepro bag but the harness will work with most chest bags.

Matt

Another option is a backpack strap mount. I got one from Ulanzi that I actually use to hold my rifle so it holds weight well. It clips off okay, not bad but could be better. Again that's in regard to using for carrying a rifle.

greaseywater

Lil-Rokslider
I have the mystery ranch camera chest rig. It fits like a bino harness. Another option to consider.

Kitten

FNG
I have the capture clip and it works great so far, even with a heavy full frame camera and lens. An actual chest rig might be more comfortable though.

Edit: Hunt_Jefferson is right though, it does have some flop.

idcuda

WKR
Another nod for the peak design clip. I like it for attaching to backpack shoulder/waist straps, fanny pack belts, and my pants belt.

I haven't tried the others, though, so I can't compare.

opalfan

FNG
I like the Cotton Carrier CCS G3. Very sturdy and well-made. The only downside is that it takes some practice removing the camera from the holder when readying for a photo. The latch is very secure and takes some getting used to! :)

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
I find I can carry a cross-body bag over my left hip even with a backpack with waist belt on. Put the cross-body bag on first, then the backpack on over that, then slide the cross-body strap to a good position. It's way more natural than it sounds. I use a repro M6 gas mask bag for general travel (which can fit my camera), otherwise I have a Domke F5X-B that rides in the same location.

I've been wanting to try the Peak Design clip for quite a while, but I bought one of their straps, and wasn't happy with the connectors. Plus, their stuff never seems to go on sale!

I'm thinking about trying this strap this year:
https://bikepacking.com/gear/ps-bagworks-camera-straps/

I'd opt for the OpTech Mini QD connectors in all 3 locations, instead of the metal clip for the bottom. I'm not sure if this strap would work under a backpack, but I'm thinking it might work well when I want my camera out while walking around outside.