Camera Carry

What’s the best way you’ve found to carry your camera for quickish access while hiking/hunting?

I have an HPG chest pack that works. I ordered some marsupial gear padded belt pouches that are the perfect size however, the padding isn’t as thick as I thought. Am I overthinking the durability or lack thereof durability?

(HPG chest pack pictured)

Attachments

• E81337E0-45B6-42B1-AFEF-CF368E072DAB.jpeg
    E81337E0-45B6-42B1-AFEF-CF368E072DAB.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 36

pirogue

WKR
I just have a quiet soft case that has a belt loop. Has zipper on top, so stays open, if I’m on a stand.

Loughgear

FNG
I have both the cotton carrier and peak design clip, both have their pros and cons. Generally have a canon 90d and ef 100-400 mk 2 larger setup definitely than the om systems.

Cotton carrier

Pros
-Keeps camera on body not on pack
-Camera stored more stable doesn’t bounce around
- not cumbersome to remove larger camera setup from
- comes with rain cover and tether

Cons
- Cannot use chest harness with
- find it hot

Peak design clip

Pros
- small
- can attach pretty well anywhere
- can run bino harness
- can lock button to prevent accidental release of camera

Cons
- depending on location and size of camera can be cumbersome to remove camera quickly
- no tether or rain cover

I run both depending on situation, just day hike I’d run the cotton carrier, hunting or overnighters I run the peak design

Tim_VT

FNG
I use the Peak Designs Capture Clip with my NIkon D7200 and a variety of lenses with an 80-300 being the largest I feel it works well with. Depending on the situation I either have it on my belt or on one of my pack shoulder straps. I also use one of their lightweight straps so that I can tether it - usually to the top grab handle on my pack - so it's a bit more drop proof.

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
I carry my camera in two backpack pouches from Kifaru put on an ultralight molle chestrig with front zipper.
only thing I've found to balance fast access/protection on the hunt. I also have a Peak Design clip on left shoulder, but only for short moves as no protection...
Coverbilde 1_1.12.1.jpg