Calling all swarovski spotting scope owners!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've had this conversation with Doug and there has to be a solution.

We all know the eyepiece cover sucks! I put mine on while it is strapped to my pack, go to put my pack on and it has already fallen off!

What does everyone do to protect their eyepiece? Has to be a fix...

AzHntr

FNG
I have used the Cabela's Scope Skins Spotting Scope Cover the past few years with no complaints. You can find it on their website under the Optics Cases and Covers.

Gman

WKR
I have used the Cabela's Scope Skins Spotting Scope Cover the past few years with no complaints. You can find it on their website under the Optics Cases and Covers.

+1. I think I got mine from VIP Optics but it's the same thing. Theoretically you could lose the eyepiece and objective lens covers but I still use them just in case. Keeps the optics nice and clean.

I bought the stay on case and then added a small piece of cordage to the cover

IMG_7591_zpsc7d4c9a6.jpg

merch

FNG
I found a butler creek flip open cap that fits tightly over the eyepiece. The cap was cut down to allow full adjustment of the eyepiece. Not perfect, but seem to stay on much better than the swaro cover.

bbrown

WKR
I did the same as Todd for the objective lense but I have not had much trouble with the eye piece cover staying on in my pack.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
When I bought my zeikos adapter it came with a little black felt feeling pouch and I started just putting the cover on then sliding that little pouch over it and I don't have to worry about the little cover coming off...

Gman

WKR
Been thinking about this one - if you are against the neo cover which I still think is the best and if you have an angled scope - what about running some sort of elastic over the cover and around the sight alignment thinga-majobby?

I'm sure a more elegant and worthy solution could be made along these lines but I came up with this in 30 seconds.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360514605.322470.jpg

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
G, thanks that's what I am looking at doing, I was hoping some folks would post up thier fixes before I start cutting or drilling etc...

Yes I'm against neoprene covers. I had one on there but I did not like it at all.

I use a beer/pop can cozy made of neoprene to cover the eyepiece when backpacking. I cut a small hole in the top of it to slip over the "sight tube" to hold it in place (angled Swaro). Works great. Probably has spent 40 days in my pack with it on.

For pickup truck use after the backpack hunts end, I use a $50 King Camo neoprene cover. It protects the scope well but is bulky for backpacking.

ckleeves

WKR
I use a beer/pop can cozy made of neoprene to cover the eyepiece when backpacking. I cut a small hole in the top of it to slip over the "sight tube" to hold it in place (angled Swaro). Works great. Probably has spent 40 days in my pack with it on.

I'm gonna have to try this. Great idea!

OBP

WKR
Blockcaver, would you mind posting a pic of that setup? I've been talking myself out of buying a neoprene case for mine as I don't want to add bulk to an already bulky scope in the pack.

Bighorse

WKR
For the objective I've got a heavy duty rubber cover in a bright blue I use. I can't hold onto those black things and I don't want it swaying in the wind either.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just found this thread... Looking for a solution myself. Any updates or new ideas?

See post #14 above. My old neoprene cozy pop can cover has seen three seasons of use and is still going fine. Cheap and great protection that stays on in the pack. Might have trouble attaching it to a straight scope, but works well with the sight tube on the angled Swaro..