Calling all Crispi boot owners!!

mikeafeagin22

Lil-Rokslider
I have three elk seasons and a couple hundred miles in my lapponias. I’ve never had a single complaint with them from day one. I have a pair of colorados though that I can’t force myself to wear. I guess it’s the rocker but when I’m going down hill I feel like the boot is throwing my weight forward. It’s an awkward feeling for me that I don’t get in my lapponias. I start to get some serious hot spots on my heels after only a few miles in the colorados too. That being said, my hunting partner swears by the colorados and hates my lapponias

Just break em in and you’ll be wearing em around town as well as hunting. Crispis overall are a great boot WAY better than that guys Keens, jesus ppl are haters.

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Crispis and han wag fit my feet the best. Kenetrek, lowa and zamberlan not so much. I offer this up in case it helps others that like one in my like group or want to jump out of the other group if that makes sense.

Hawkeye5964

Lil-Rokslider
Hey everyone . I just purchased the Crispi Keani for my first year of elk hunting coming up. My initial thoughts are it’s a super comfortable well made boot but when I walk in them it feels very odd. Once the pad of my foot touches it doesn’t roll into the toe portion.. feels more like falling off a cliff… being a Midwest whitetail hunter I’ve never owned a pair of mountain boots and was just curious is this just a design thing? Maybe just needs a good break in ? I’d like to keep the boot just not sure what to think . Appreciate any f

Hey everyone . I just purchased the Crispi Keani for my first year of elk hunting coming up. My initial thoughts are it’s a super comfortable well made boot but when I walk in them it feels very odd. Once the pad of my foot touches it doesn’t roll into the toe portion.. feels more like falling off a cliff… being a Midwest whitetail hunter I’ve never owned a pair of mountain boots and was just curious is this just a design thing? Maybe just needs a good break in ? I’d like to keep the boot just not sure what to think . Appreciate any feed back!
My first pair felt the same way and got better every time I wore them. I now wear them as my go to hunting boot whether in the western mountains or the Pennsylvania deer woods.

I bought the Scheels "exclusive" Crispi West River boots for last fall's elk hunt in Wyoming. Prior to these I had a pair of Schnees that I couldn't get to fit right and I hated the lacing system. Mountain boots are stiff and require significant break in. I put around 40 miles on my crispis on paved and gravel walking trails before the hunt. I put over 30 miles on them during the hunt in the mountains. They're still stiff as intended, and I'm looking forward to many more years with them. I wear a 10.5 and have shorter toes, defined arches, and slightly wider (not E) foot. 6'1" and 225lb.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, especially the guys getting blisters, are socks. I've always worn Darn Tough full cushion hikers with my Crispis, and I've never had even a single hot spot.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some years ago I had a pair of La Sportiva's that fit me like they were made for me, sadly they discontinued them (in hindsight I should have bought a couple of pairs). I tried several boots after (including another model of La Sportiva) and none fit the way I wanted. Eventually (through the help of some folks on this forum!) I was steered into a pair of Crispi Thors- nirvana again :)

Mountain boots typically are on the stiffer side, when you're sidehilling with weight- this is when stiffer soles really shine. As mentioned, it takes a little getting used to the stiffer sole and a little break-in as well.

BUT if after 50-100 miles of wear they still feel funky, you might be better off looking for a new boot. Every boot is going to fit slightly different- even amongst Crispi's lineup, they use several different lasts and the fit is going to be different between them.

It's worth the time/effort/$ to find a boot that fits really well.

gostovp

WKR
I recently got a pair of Crispi Nevadas. My feet measure 11 in length but I have an arch length of 11.5, and i have pinky toes that splay out so I need a wide toe box. My Schnees Beartooth even in wide just didn’t work for me. The Kenneteks I tried on were still a little tight in the toe box, so far the Nevada in 11.5 D has been nice… except for the insole… ugh. As I was breaking them in on the treadmill my left arch was getting a hot spot. Turns out the insole was really hard on the edge in that area so it was rubbing weird, plus the mesh top on the insole in that area was already wearing out. I have flat feet but insoles with higher arches really but em. I found a pair of the Sole Performance Cork insoles and they have been really nice so far ( we will see how their durability goes…) I want to love the Superfeet Trail but the arch just doesn’t work for me.

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few pair of Crispis and love them. For me it’s all about the heel, not the toe. Not sure how the toe wouldn’t be up some on a flat surface in a boot with a decent heel, or you’d be standing at an angle? Coming down steep slopes, especially with a heavy pack, having a decent pronounced heel is a must. Then again it probably depends on the individual. I’ve spent a couple decades in Nicks / Whites boots so I’m used to a reasonably tall heel.