calling all coons

bnsafe

WKR
anyone call for coons. I was watching a show an they called a few coons in. got me thinking, I wanna try this but want to cut the learning curve down if possible. Ive got a e caller with coon distress sounds but not a fight sound.
so, has anyone done this and if so can you give me some pointers.

Find a den tree and set up so thr coon has to completely come out of the tree before they can see you. I typically set up 20-30 yards behind the tree and stay hidden.if they see you they will immediately go back in the hole. I like to run my volume at about 80% and will switch sounds about every 2-4 minutes unless I have a coon interested. Also keep an eye out as I've had them come from who knows where charging in on the ground. It's typically fast-paced shooting so I prefer either a semi auto or a shotgun unless you are really quick with another gun. I also prefer a red dot sight.

a0ed6008f1ee7c1f7c7be61b076ac81b.jpg

Come get these. This was at one feeder on my lease, and on the north end, another feeder had as many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
what calls do you start with. I have a coon distress adult and kid on my caller. if you use the fighting coon which app did you use.

Either fight/distress call works for me. I have a lucky duck call with about a dozen different call sounds I've acquired over the years and I use them all.

Redwood

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't done it in a few years but when we did do it we would just set up close to where we had seen coons or sign. We literally sit in the back of the pickup with caller 20 yds in front of us. They would come running in. Never once did the vehicle bother them. Multiple times had them run right by the pickup on their way to the caller. We killed a lot of coons this way don't over think it. We had best luck with kit distress or boar fight.