California mule deer.

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
Great buck sir! I hunted my X tag hard for 11 days, 4-5 of it solo. I didn't see a buck like that during the season. My buddies tagged out 2nd and 3rd day. Took me 11 points to draw that tag. I saw the rain, sleet and snow. Spectacular country and I was seeing deer, so good time, but would have loved an opportunity at something other than a fork. Way to stick it out!

OP
Western_hunter87

Western_hunter87

Lil-Rokslider
Great buck sir! I hunted my X tag hard for 11 days, 4-5 of it solo. I didn't see a buck like that during the season. My buddies tagged out 2nd and 3rd day. Took me 11 points to draw that tag. I saw the rain, sleet and snow. Spectacular country and I was seeing deer, so good time, but would have loved an opportunity at something other than a fork. Way to stick it out!
this was the only good buck i saw, but i also didnt keep looking after i saw him. i saw lots of yearling forks being shot and i would have rather ate my tag than a blacktail size mule deer i burned 7 points. awesome hunt though everyday was an adventure and the weather was wild at night. stupid windy every night and ya 11 days solo was fun. wasnt hard becasuse i was so dedicated to a buck or bust. zero chance of quitting early.

jgross424

FNG
this was the only good buck i saw, but i also didnt keep looking after i saw him. i saw lots of yearling forks being shot and i would have rather ate my tag than a blacktail size mule deer i burned 7 points. awesome hunt though everyday was an adventure and the weather was wild at night. stupid windy every night and ya 11 days solo was fun. wasnt hard becasuse i was so dedicated to a buck or bust. zero chance of quitting early.
I hunted 7A for 14 days solo... only saw a couple small spikes/forks.. pretty rough

killed my first mule deer in california in on an x zone tag. i was out there for 9 days solo and got it done after a storm pushed in and first thing the next morning found 5 bucks no shot under 500 so i snuck in to 15 yards with the rifle and dropped him in his tracks. first 4x4 i am on cloud 9.
Beautiful buck!
Care to guide if I ever get drawn? :)