California Draw

WKR

WKR
I'm just happy its my last season as a resident, didn't draw anything but an otc deer tag. Im thinking the antler growth at my spot is going to be great with the weather we had this year...I'm still considering getting a lifetime license with deer tag for the years I dont draw in the state im moving to.

OP
Calbuck

Calbuck

WKR
Growth should be best in several years.. seeing it in my back yard. CA hunts are always tough, but I'm more excited about this season than I have been for several years. Good moisture, good feed, late season dates. Plus we have a possible good group to hunt with, meaning good ability to beat brush and dig em out. I know there are bucks where I want to hunt, but we need bodies to push em out. That may finally happen this year.

J Batt

WKR
Believe it or not, we have a few decent bucks in this screwed up state! Drew our X tags, dad drew an antelope tag in Lassen, and Im second alternate for a cow elk tag. This state gets a pass mostly, but we have some pretty good opportunities. Say what you will, we are hunting here!
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! CA is lame, every buck is a dink if you ever find one. Not to mention the GOV overreach...
Don't hunt here.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
I'm just happy its my last season as a resident, didn't draw anything but an otc deer tag. Im thinking the antler growth at my spot is going to be great with the weather we had this year...I'm still considering getting a lifetime license with deer tag for the years I dont draw in the state im moving to.
I pulled the trigger last year, license fees are only going to go up

Reactions: WKR

530Chukar

WKR
Believe it or not, we have a few decent bucks in this screwed up state! Drew our X tags, dad drew an antelope tag in Lassen, and Im second alternate for a cow elk tag. This state gets a pass mostly, but we have some pretty good opportunities. Say what you will, we are hunting here!

Congrats on the tags. I had the Big Valley antelope tag last year and talked to you a little bit. I did some driving in the Lassen zone as well and saw some antelope in a few places so send me a message and I can point you in those directions.

Marble Mountain Bull for me finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Calbuck

Calbuck

WKR
Congrats on your Marbles tag.. I work with a guy who hunted it..see what I can find out..as for the antelope tag, we are pretty happy to get the opportunity. my dad is in his mid 70's and his hunting partner is older..we will attempt to get out there an give em hell. Just lookin for a good time and a memorable hunt!