Caliber Specific End Cap

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
Are there sufficient advantages to have caliber specific end caps for your suppressor? If I have a 30 cal suppressor, is there a noticeable difference in noise between a 30 cal end cap and 6mm cap when shooting a 6 ARC or other 6mm round?

H80Hunter

WKR
I believe the consensus is that it’s quieter with the correct end cap, but not noticeable to the human ear.

Bluefish

WKR
I believe the consensus is that it’s quieter with the correct end cap, but not noticeable to the human ear.
This. AB suppressors has some videos that show real data. Less than 2db difference using the smaller endcap on a larger bore vs a dedicated bore. Less than 4 db using the larger 30 cal on a 223.

Last edited:
I use a Banish30 suppressor on the 223 and 204 rifles. It definitely works on those a lot.
Not sure I'd get much more out of a sized-cap, or suppressor for those calibers.

side note;
That suppressor has the ability to run at a 7" or 9" configuration, I can barely tell the difference between the the two set-ups by ear on any of the rifles. For elk hunts with the magnum, 7" is the way I go.