Calgary/Edmonton Denver flight travel question

cbeard64

WKR
If you can drive all or any part I would do it. I flew to MT from TX and drove to BC for my last hunt. It made the border crossing simple, kept my gear with me at all times, and was a great introduction to the country I was going to hunt.

I will do something similar for all my hunts from now on.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
I have flown through Calgary, Edmonton and Halifax with rifles with no issues at all.
If you have to fly into Calgary from the US and than catch a flight to Edmonton that wont be an issue, there is multiple flights per day between Edmonton and Calgary.

I would try and make sure you have 2hrs between connecting flights just in case.

Honestly this year my hunters had more issues at the little airport in Fort McMurray than anywhere else. I think its got to be a staffing issue, maybe new employees? There is no reason anyone should have issues flying with guns, capes, horns and meat especially in Fort McMurray which would see hundreds of hunters every spring coming bear hunting and all the fall moose and bear hunting.

I had a hunter this fall fly Delta from LAX to Calgary, than connected from Calgary to Fort McMurray.
When he arrived in Fort McMurray he opened his luggage and there was a note in there explaining that the border agents took his 2 boxes of 300wby ammo. I am stumped and still cant figure out why this happened???
He checked the luggage and rifle at LAX, and than they opened it at some point and took the ammo!?
Thank god we were able to find him some at the local Canadian Tire.

As for crossing in a vehicle ive never done it myself, but have lots of clients that do every year with zero issues.