Cabellas

outdoor hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just tried ordering an AR from Cabellas in store (Tulalip WA) to be exact. I was told by the employees that they can't order any AR I asked why and they said those are the rues they've been told.

I don't think it's because they don't want to sell them, I think its because every AR manufacturer out there right now is between 8 and 18 months backordered on complete rifles. I know that's pretty much my situation...

Mike

dotman

WKR
Yeah I was told the same and the reason is because of the demand and they have no clue what will be allotted to them once sold out. My local store just got 10 in.

I don't think it's because they don't want to sell them, I think its because every AR manufacturer out there right now is between 8 and 18 months backordered on complete rifles. I know that's pretty much my situation...

Mike
Ya I've heard the same it's not that they can't the demand is so high that like what mike said there a long ways out cause everyone is so behind and the demand is so high

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, it's due to supply, not for political reasons.

Today Cabela's pulled their sponsorship from the Eastern Sports & Outdoors show due to Reed Exhibitions decision to disallow modern rifles in the show.

Due to recent changes made by Reed Exhibitions regarding the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, Cabela’s will no longer sponsor this year’s event. After careful consideration regarding Cabela’s business practices, and the feelings of our customers, Cabela’s will, unfortunately, not have a presence at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show.

Shrek

WKR
Just went to the Reed Exhibitions website to see who else is sponsoring the show. Cabelas , Outdoor channel , progressive insurance. Cabelas is still listed. Reed just put on the shot show too. We need a new exhibition organizer for the hunting and firearms industry as Reeds is apparently biting the hand that feeds it.

crumy

WKR
This isn't an AR but the Sportsman Warehouses in Loveland will not do out of state transfers for sidearms. They say it is a corporate thing that came down after all the publicity. So I had to go to Casper to to get the sidearm I had been planning on buying for about 4 months for Christmas. Made my decision on Kimber or Colt pretty easy too.

Also for anyone interested I was just in Sportsman Warehouse today and they had one AR left. I think it was a Colt 6940 with the Magpul gear. Pretty sure they were asking over 2k for it. (totally absurd)