Cabelas Meindl light Perfekt Hiker vs. Lowa Renegade GTX

Chem-E

Lil-Rokslider
Decisions Decisions,
I can't decide between the Cabelas Meindl Perfekt Hiker Lights and the Lowa Renegade GTX.
Both fit my feet well.
I know the Renegades have an excellent reputation.

Has anybody had the Meindl Perfect Hiker Lights work well?

My internal debate is over which will accept additional, and periodic, waterproofing. I like that the Meindl boots have less seams, but the surface is slightly suede, or brushed. I have noticed these types of leather finishes tend to not hold waterproofing as long as a burnished leather surface.

Thoughts?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Foot...uts?destination=/catalog/browse.cmd?N=1101188

http://www.amazon.com/Lowa-Renegade...1639&sr=8-1&keywords=Lowa+Renegade+II+GTX+Mid

I had a pair of Perfect Hikers and they worked well for packing light weights, but weren't as stiff as I would have liked. I took them back and picked up a pair of Perfect Hunters, but they had a bulge in the material on top of the foot. I took that pair back and tried a second pair and they had a similar problem. I took them back and and picked up the Denali boots. They were comfortable, but they leaked through the gore-tex the very first day of archery elk season. Last pair of Cabelas Meindl boots I'll probably own. I can't speak for the Lowas. I can say Cabelas has pretty decent customer service, though.

Two pairs of Renegades. Leaked like a sieve. That said, every pair of boots I've had over the last 25 years have leaked in less than a year. Quest 4D's went back last week. I'm switching to a stiff sole boot, Clevedale more than likely.

I've had good luck with my Denalis, I'd buy another pair. Interesting the variance in batches/ production runs. All brands of boots seem so hit or miss lately

I have a pair of perfekt light hikers, I like them a lot, but did not get the chance to pack meat with them. I will be using them again this fall in WY

For me, they were comfy enough packing 50-60# that I did not wear my comfy running shoes in camp that I had packed in.

Update.
So I was in the store, trying on the Meindl Perfect Light and the Lowa Renegade. I liked them both, but was still having trouble deciding which fit the best. Then I took a look at the Salomon Quest 4D 2 boots. They felt light and had good balance between torsion stability and shank flex. I tried them on and started feeling that "Oh yeah" feeling. I tried on the Meindl and the Lowa again. I could now identify pinch points and sloppy areas in both. I put the Salomons back on and realized these were a near perfect fit. I knew without a doubt the Salomon boots were the best choice for my feet, so that is what I bought!

I hiked 15 miles with them, bagging a 12000' peak, weekend before last. Not a single blister or pain anywhere! I backpacked 20 miles with them last weekend on a scouting mission and not a single issue.

I've had a few really great pairs of boots in my life. I've also had alot of decent pairs of boots, and a fair amount of crap boots.
I can say that these Salomon boots are some of the best boots I have ever worn! I have never had a pair of boots feel this good right out of the box. I must have the near perfect foot clone of whoever's foot was modeled for these boots!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Salo...BSearch-All+Products&Ntt=salamon+hiking+boots

Picked up a pair of the saloman 4D 2 GTX today. Tried them all on and these felt perfect. Hope i have the same luck as you!

Ive got a pair of the 4D gtx. Great boots. Used them elk hunting in montana in Nov last year. They worked out great

Back