CA top 2% club, who else is in it?

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
You are right at the tipping point. Stay with it! Many quit before it starts all coming together.

That said, one of the best things you can do is find ways to be out there more. Try and chase everything. Turkey, Bear, Pigs, Quail, Dove, Coyotes etc... Some of my best spots for X animal have been found when hunting Y animal.
Two seasons ago I started hunting with an experienced hunter for the first time, went form basically solo and with non hunting friends to someone thats been hunting for years has helped a bunch. Between me and him, during the last two seasons we had a bunch of buck encounters, few missed archery shots at bucks, a few bear encounters, and a one successful buck kill (him) in a low success unit. This season we are in a goodish zone too. I have no plans on quitting lol this shit is too addicting for me

cjdewese

WKR
Definitely legit, you should feel good, look at the published success rates, you're doing way above average. I know I started the thread (mostly as a joke), but comparing yourself to others is a recipe for disappointment. Everyone has different commitments and abilities. I generally try to just compare myself to how I've done in previous years and keep pushing myself a little. This year I bought an archery only tag, lol, already starting to regret that...
Appreciate that, I am definitely not comparing. I was just curious what the success rates of the top 2% were.

I have 1 archery Buck and I shot another and lost it one of the years I didn't get a deer. I have been getting an AO every year so that I can check out different zones and try to learn as much as I can.

OP
yellowbeard
Appreciate that, I am definitely not comparing. I was just curious what the success rates of the top 2% were.

I have 1 archery Buck and I shot another and lost it one of the years I didn't get a deer. I have been getting an AO every year so that I can check out different zones and try to learn as much as I can.
You're doing amazing to have gotten one with the bow, something I'm still hoping to do one day!

cjdewese

WKR
You're doing amazing to have gotten one with the bow, something I'm still hoping to do one day!
Thanks, it was 15 minutes into 1st light the 1st day I had ever hunted.

I took a ton of time scouting in pre-season and found THE trail all the bucks in our area were using to come in and out of private.

In 4 years I still haven't found another trail like it. :)

JFK

WKR
You are right at the tipping point. Stay with it! Many quit before it starts all coming together.

That said, one of the best things you can do is find ways to be out there more. Try and chase everything. Turkey, Bear, Pigs, Quail, Dove, Coyotes etc... Some of my best spots for X animal have been found when hunting Y animal.

This 100%. The spot I killed last years a zone deer was a spot I’d hunted pigs unsuccessfully, and band tailed pigeon very successfully, and happened to see a lot of deer there every time. Its a spot I would have over looked had I not been there prior.