CA Mesa, Montana, Sako 85, Win M70 EW,MKV

pc3

WKR
My son has his lighetr weight rig now, a Begara .270 win I got him for his B'Day.

Now for myself !

Folks looking at these factory options for a light weight .300 win mag. Will be a .300 win mag as I have dies cases etc.

I would like a custom and will get a quote from the Australian importer for a AntiX and perhaps a Terminus Kratos lite...but looking at huge lead times just for the action, think 9 months or so, for a AntiX at least. I dont really like tikka's but I know they shoot. I could use my mid weight .308 in the mean time make do while the custom is being built, but is a chunky little monkey with AI mags #5 kreiger bull sporter on a Surgeon SA in manners stock.

I have the optic on the way a March 3-24x50 (purchased during the Deon 15% off global sale)

Anyway IF I go a factory option I lam looking at these

Win M70 Extreme Weather, I love crf where possible, looks good mag box length ?

Kimber Montana (although I dont like the looks of rifles without floor plates, but could live with it)

Sako 85 Stainless....finlight is barely any lighter and much dearer here, in fact sako's are stupid $$ for some more exotic models RRP is the same as a rifle built using an AntiX almost. Dont love the sako 85 mount set up

MKV Ultralite....If I own a weatherby it has to be in a weatherby caliber...OCD thing.

CA Mesa, on paper looks the best, of the factory options would match the optic I have coming best

We don't get the stuff here you guys in the US get...any brands other than tikka I am missing ? A Cooper Back country would be nice but no importer here in Oz, by the time you imported one you could build the custom rig.

I used to have a .300 WM built on a BAT HR pic...but it was a tad too heavy, I could have changed out the stock in hind site. But that action is circa 36oz

Any opions and help

axeforce6

WKR
The mesa is a great choice. They come with a lot for the money. 90 degree throw vs some of the 70 degree you have listed is the only drawback for me but that’s preference.

Reactions: pc3