Ca. Draw is up.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8-15-23
  • Start date
Yeah mine is showing the same, I figured it was because they were getting close to posting results. Good luck everyone! I just want my sheep and elk tag I dont care about the other stuff lol.

Wags

WKR
I'll most likely not draw based on what I applied for.

I am hopeful for my son to pull a Jr hunt though....

OP
D

Deleted member 8-15-23

hear that everyone ! Unless you got 9k don’t even think about putting in you lowley “diy” guys . Leave it to the pros…..
Just stating a fact as to why the whites always has the lowest harvest rate. 14k is brutal. I am sure some can do it. a young max point guy could be 37? last year all 3 diy guys had tag soup or tragically died for literally a once in a lifetime draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's because of 3 diy guys. 1 died trying. Either hire a guide and drop 9k or don't put in.
I am not refering to diy guys. I am referibg to the sheep themselves. There was a large number of sheep in the Whites that did not survive the winter.

OP
D

Deleted member 8-15-23

I am not refering to diy guys. I am referibg to the sheep themselves. There was a large number of sheep in the Whites that did not survive the winter.
Have you spoke to the bio guy? My guess is the sheep migrate off the whites vs. being in 70 feet of snow.

JNDEER

WKR
Just stating a fact as to why the whites always has the lowest harvest rate. 14k is brutal. I am sure some can do it. a young max point guy could be 39? last year all 3 diy guys had tag soup or tragically died for literally a once in a lifetime draw.
Wow. Had not heard any story about one of the tag holders dying on the mountain? Do you have that story or know where I can find it.

Funny- I always put in for the Whites- just cause Its the closest option for me.

OP
D

Deleted member 8-15-23

Wow. Had not heard any story about one of the tag holders dying on the mountain? Do you have that story or know where I can find it.

Funny- I always put in for the Whites- just cause Its the closest option for me.
spoke with the 2 best outfitters and they confirmed it. He died pre scouting for him and the other 2 diy guys., when they found him it was to late to call the alternate hunter. heck, the outfitter said the horses unload and get off the mtn. asap because they cant handle the altitude very long. I have done Whitney, you wont be smokin camels@14,505, let alone chasing rams for 10 days. did the JMT@60 with my wife. thats 50,000 vertical over 22 days. but, you always camp@9k vs. 13k, big difference.

Last edited by a moderator: