CA 2022 results are in...

I’ve hunted x12 and x9a I’d highly recommend staying down low and not packing in the backcountry will be flooded with hikers and van lifers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice! If if you get away from the trails after getting in?

Calbuck

WKR
I wouldn't ever return a tag period. The bucks are there, you just gotta find em. I'm waiting for next years late season dates to draw X zone. Don't know if it matters or not, but best case for my group. Too many tags this year anyway!

270Hunter

FNG
Interferes with WY and UT hunts drawn.
Did the hunts in Wyoming or Utah take maximum points? Will you be able to scout the hunts in Wyoming and Utah as much as you could a hunt in your home state?

You don’t have to answer these questions these are just all things that I would consider.

brushape

WKR
Thanks for the advice! If if you get away from the trails after getting in?

In x9a most of the trails are basically vertical rock cliffs on either side of the valley so not sure what you mean by getting away since there will be camping all over in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nexus

FNG
One off Max is essentially the same as having say 1 or 2 points. You’re only in the random pool for most hunts but hey someone has to draw!

Nothing for me this year either. Looks like A zone and a bear tag for sure.
Turned out I was that someone...drew archery Lassen Antelope (6 pts). Put in every year not expecting to ever draw, but what the heck. Drew a good general UT deer tag for August (20th - end of the month), so that was going to be the road trip for the year. Now it looks like there will be two road trips and no work for the month of August. Win - Win!!!

DWarcher

WKR
Hey I'm Jeff. I am on a bunch of other forums and just introducing myself here. Anyway I drew X2. info appreciated. hope everyone is doing well.
Now that the timber ground is off limits, killing a mature garden buck is no easy task. I would echo what other advice has been given on scouting and putting an appropriate amount of preseason time in to this hunt. Best of luck!

Now that the timber ground is off limits, killing a mature garden buck is no easy task. I would echo what other advice has been given on scouting and putting an appropriate amount of preseason time in to this hunt. Best of luck!
Spot on..... sucks that timber ground is off limits

amassi

WKR
Permanently off limits or during active or threat of Fire?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk