BX-4 Gen 1 Vs BX-4 Gen 2

WashCycle

FNG
First Post Club!
Looking to step up my optics game this season from some 120$ Bushnell's from 14 years ago.

10X42 BX-4

Between the sale price of the Gen 1 and a special discount I have on the Gen 2 model...the price difference is $83. Are the BX-4 Gen 2 binos worth the $83 increase over the Gen 1? Or save the $83 and buy a box of Nosler Accubonds? Not really looking for any other model suggestions, just is it worth it or not.

Thank you !

Haven't spent time behind the Gen 2. Just picked it up at the store. It's petty but the eye cups on the Gen 2 are worth $80 for me lol.

I use the eye cup adjustments on my binos and I hate the Gen 1 system. Every time I touch them the eye cups move.

Glass wise I enjoy the Gen1. They commonly have edge clarity issues so I have been wanting to see if Gen 2 fixed that.

bpeay4

Lil-Rokslider
DISCLAIMER. I am by no means an optics expert but this was my experience.

Spent some time with the Gen 2 at sportsman's today. They did not have any gen 1 on hand but did have a bx5 that has the same housing and eyecups as the gen 1. I will say the eyecups on the Gen 1 are awful compared the new gen 2. The New eyecups were great IMO. Very comfortable with significant eye relief.

As far as the glass goes I thought it was very good. I looked through some conquests, razors, bx5 and the bx4 gen 2. my favorite was the bx4 gen 2. Barely behind it was the razors. Much preferred the eyecups, diopter and open bridge design of the bx4 over the razors. Conquests were a no go for me. I think I had the kidney beans issue. Bx5 we're not noticeably different then the bx4 to me at least.

Definitely go with the gen 2 over the gen 1. The eyecups alone are worth it.

OP
WashCycle

WashCycle

FNG
Thanks for the help guys. That seals it, the eye cups seem to be a major issue. Just pulled the trigger on the Gen 2's along with some more new glass for my rifle. Thanks again