WTB Buyer Beware

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just came across a situation where I did not feel comfortable going through with a transaction. A guy texted me from phone number (763) 290-1115 about my ad (im looking for a Kel Tec p17). He said he was from Austin MN. He sent me a picture of an FFL licensee form with the name Ryan Forrest Heath on it, and the address 107 21st St. NW Austin MN, 55912. He said he would only accept payment through Zelle. I told him that to my knowledge, zelle wasnt allowing payment transfers for the purchase of firearms... so he said he would take a credit card. I asked him if he had some sort of a website or web portal to pay it through, and he indicated he did not, and just needed a picture of my Credit Card front and back, and my billing address. So, I said I would feel more comfortable just sending a money order to his address, and I asked him if the address on the FFL form he sent me was where he wanted it to go. He said no, and said to send it to "Franklin A Norman JR, 12724 SW 263RD TER HOMESTEAD FL, 33032-6913. Said that was a friend's address who would get the money to his son.

In a quick google search, I found a comment on another site where someone mentioned they had a similar encounter with someone claiming to be Ryan Forrest Heath back in December, and that they had been able to get a hold of the real Ryan Heath, and apparently he is a victim of identity theft. The phone number they referenced was different that the one I was contacted from.

Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I put my motorcycle on Craigslist today. Don't normally put my number. But they charge $5 now to prevent spam.😂
I got 7 texts in the first 5 minutes. About reply to this email. Had to pull my number off.

You even have to do the little anti robot picture selection to get the number to drop down.

So lame I've put off posting that add so long. Cl is cringy.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I put my motorcycle on Craigslist today. Don't normally put my number. But they charge $5 now to prevent spam.😂
I got 7 texts in the first 5 minutes. About reply to this email. Had to pull my number off.

You even have to do the little anti robot picture selection to get the number to drop down.

So lame I've put off posting that add so long. Cl is cringy.
As long as you put "no scammers" in your ad, you will be ok! 😂

HANGUm HIGH

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Never heard of someone asking to take a picture of your credit card and sending it. As if that's normal and safe!! 🤣🤣🤣

I'd take a #2 in a bag and send that instead!!!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
When buying firearms from private party, something like guntab is the only way to go if you want to play it safe.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It’s been very well documented on this site and others that want to buy ads are just an invitation for scammers to try to screw you over.

Howler80

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And he is still doing it, he contacted me as well same bull, lol beware beware
Call before you buy and and get as much info as possible

Muff74b

FNG
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This guy just contacted me saying he had a browning abolt that I have been looking for. We exchanged multiple emails in rapid succession and then I asked him to send me a picture with the gun in it and a piece of paper beside it with his name and todays date on it. Also asked him for a phone number that I could talk to him at. Never responded back to me after requesting those 2 things.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I had a guy reach out to me acting very scammy. Said he found my number on this site. I had posted it once like 3 years ago. Dozens of pages down on my profile he found it to try and scam me. Do a site search for you number if you think you've ever posted it and delete it.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No judgement here, but dang if I can understand why one would post your number on a public forum.

This is also common on clist and offerup and just opens the door to so much scammi-ness.

Eddie

Bigdave

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an experience on booking.com.

Was trying to book a beach house. When I booked it, I was getting messages saying that my card was declined.

I contacted my bank, and a charge was never sent in for my account.

They then tried to contact me via text, after I tried calling them and sitting on hold for over an hour.

They asked me to text them my card information.

I canceled the reservation.

People are trying to scam from every nook and cranny of the internet it seems.

It really is sad.