Buy once-cry once Tipi & stove

It's funny to me how different people are with their space/comfort levels of camping. I hate being confined so I stepped up to a 4p for just my wife and I and am finally comfortable :LOL:

I don't think there's a packable tipi you can legitimately stand up in at 6'2".
I’m definitely in the same camp level as you. I camp with 3 guys in a 6 man SO quite a bit. It’s not wall tent level where you’re cooking in the tent with basically an entire living room setup, but it’s a palace compared to 2-man backpacking tents and tarps. There is plenty of room for 3 guys to each have a sleeping pad, backpack, and gear pile with a stove and wood pile.

It would get tight if you were trying to have 3 cots with a stove. I had to get a short cot to keep my sleeping area closer to the perimeter of the tipi for truck-based hunts.

I have packed my 6man 5-6 miles into the backcountry with no problem. It’s just shy of 7# fully setup with the aluminum pole, and the weight is pretty easy to split between a couple guys with canopy, stakes, and pole. If you’re already packing a saw and below tree line you can shave another 2# off by using a tree limb for the center pole.

It’s 7’10” at the center so it is 100% standing height around the pole. I’m only 5’10” and have to be close to the center to stand, but it’s enough to get dressed and stretch. Again it’s not wall tent level comfort where you’re walking around the tent standing, but it’s much more packable and doesn’t take up an entire truck bed like most wall tent and pole setups.

rayporter

WKR
if you cut a pole on site as well as a couple stakes you can reduce the wt of a tipi somewhat.
plus the canopy is much more flexible in the pack with out the pole!

I hunted out of a 6 man SO last year and there was plenty of room for 3 guys and a stove but we were a party of two. I bought an 8 man and a 4 man after that experience. I bought the 8 because I have a family of 5 and the 4 man is my emergency shelter that stays in the boat.

I have a small titanium stove that is also my emergency stove, and went with Kni-co options for the 8 man. I’d like to get a collapsible titanium stove over the seek outside options that have to be put together. Simpler is better when needed in the dark or with cold hands that are numb.

The 8 man can be pitched at a 6 man, and if I had it to do over again, i’d have bought a 6 man instead of the 4 man.

If you aren’t in a major rush, wait til Black Friday. Seek did a decent sale then. They will also do the blemished sell thing at some point.

Another option to look at is Nortent. It’s Norwegian but product is from China.

Akken

FNG
My answer depends on how far you plan to stake your camp from a vehicle and how often you plan on moving. I have the Seek Outside Courthouse that I have used for ATV hunts, fly in moose and a buddy took it north of the Brooks range on a fan boat drop caribou hunt. It's a palace for 3 guys with cots and has tons of standing room for anyone under 6 ' 6" due to the dual pole design.

Although it's awesome it weighs about 14lbs with liner plus stove so I consider it a basecamp tent. Its more work than I like to deal with on a short 2 day hunt and finding real estate to pitch a 2 pole mansion can be challenging depending on terrain.

If you set it and forget it I'd go courthouse all day. If you move around around a lot look at a redcliff or an 8 man tipi.

If I did it all over again I'd probably go Redcliff and sacrifice a little space for easy setup and mobility. If I had the money I'd have both.

SonnyDay

WKR
I'm about 6' 2" & want to be able to stand up. Likely wouldn't be more than 3 people + the stove, however mostly it would be me & a buddy, or me & my wife using it.
I would do the 6-man Seek Tipi with stove. I have this setup and love it. I use it very similarly to what you describe... it is easily packed by two people for hunting, and it's a great option for bridge season truck camping, or as a gathering place for 10 or more people (in chairs) if the weather goes south on a group camp.

We've had it in 50+ MPH winds, and it has done great when properly guyed out.

OP
Jacob Chapman
I’d use it whitetail hunting a lot where I can drive to my hunting spot, and then also backpack hunting out West & fly in style hunts in Alaska so weight is a concern

OP
Jacob Chapman
Looks like the Sawtooth I should be able to stand right next to the pole. I don’t need walking around room or anything. At least that’s what their website says?