Burris XTR III Durability?

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
Curious if anyone knows how tough the XTR III is? Doesn’t look like @Formidilosus has done a field evaluation on one yet.

R_A_W

FNG
I haven't heard of too many breaking... but I did break the elevation turret on my XTR3i within about a month of receiving it. I think I just drew the short straw. Burris had it repaired & back to me on the 10th business day, no hassle.

I moved it from that .308win to a .22lr & now have thousands of rounds @ 75-350yds, so I've cranked on the elevation turret & parallax quite a bit. I also ran it on a 6.5cm in an NRL Hunter match this year. Not exactly a torture test, but zero issues since the repair.

I've contemplated picking up a 3-18 for an AR, but haven't yet.

I haven't heard of too many breaking... but I did break the elevation turret on my XTR3i within about a month of receiving it. I think I just drew the short straw. Burris had it repaired & back to me on the 10th business day, no hassle.

I moved it from that .308win to a .22lr & now have thousands of rounds @ 75-350yds, so I've cranked on the elevation turret & parallax quite a bit. I also ran it on a 6.5cm in an NRL Hunter match this year. Not exactly a torture test, but zero issues since the repair.

I've contemplated picking up a 3-18 for an AR, but haven't yet.

I have one that was sitting on a safe queen that has gone down the road if you’re interested. Need to pick up a lower mag hunting scope to put on an iron sight 30-06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
I have a greeley built 5.5-30 and an xtr pro that have both been used for a couple years with no issues. Both have been accidentally dropped and held zero when checked immediately afterwards. I have not run the drop test on them. Xtr3 is well over 3k rounds, probably close to 10k, but I lose track because I move scopes from gun to gun. The xtr pro hasn't been shot much yet. Probably around 2k rounds with it. I doubt I am at 3k yet with it.