Burris Optics Overall Impressions/Reliability

gerry35

WKR
bwahahahaha..... The rear ring cracks me the heck up. The consistency of the cluelessness knows no bounds. You ever hear of a guy on here called Form? Don't lissen to me, but I urge you to read his little tutorial on scope mounting to maintain zero. Of particular note is the quotation "6) The farther apart the rings are, the better support for the scope tube. Ring spacing is a thing."

Rock on!......
No one cares buddy......

The rest of us would like to talk about Burris scopes.

OP
General RE LEE
I snagged an XTR III us made a few weeks back. Think it’s my most impressive optic.

I was looking at the XTR III last night. How many revolutions do you get on the turret? I saw 120 MOA internal elevation adjustment so hopefully there isn't a turret rev restriction.

How's the glass in regards to low light performance, chromatic aberration and reticle visibility at low power?

Tahoe1305

WKR
I was looking at the XTR III last night. How many revolutions do you get on the turret? I saw 120 MOA internal elevation adjustment so hopefully there isn't a turret rev restriction.

How's the glass in regards to low light performance, chromatic aberration and reticle visibility at low power?
I’ll have to check when I get home. But from what I recall, zeroed on my rifle I get close to two full revs in Mil (20mil). That’s with a 20moa base. Let me confirm though. Bottom line way further than I ever plan to shoot. With a 6.5c that’s beyond a mile at my location.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
bwahahahaha..... The rear ring cracks me the heck up. The consistency of the cluelessness knows no bounds. You ever hear of a guy on here called Form? Don't lissen to me, but I urge you to read his little tutorial on scope mounting to maintain zero. Of particular note is the quotation "6) The farther apart the rings are, the better support for the scope tube. Ring spacing is a thing."

Rock on!......
Wow. What a phucktard.

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a used Burris Fullfield II off of the classifieds last year and mounted it on my daughter .243, so far it’s been great. I found another for a great price and bought for a .270 Win I have, but have not had a chance to use it.

I've been a fan of Burris optics since my first one I bought back in the late 90s. I went through a phase where my rifles only wore Burris Black Diamond's and I had a lot of success with those. I went away from them for a few years as I got into the long range game and they didn't have a scope I wanted, but I recently have come back to them with their XTR3. That scope is flat out impressive and I used it to kill 2 rock chucks over 1200 yards last year with my 223. I own some Kahles scopes that cost 2x the money and I don't feel handicapped shooting with the Burris.

I have 5 Burris Scopes. 2 Droptine 4.4-14x42s, both on rimfires, 2 Veracity SFP and this pictured XTRIII 3-18. The XTR is unimpressive given the price. The reticle is useless below about 7-8X. Eye box is tight. It's meh in low light. Glass is good and it adjusts as it should. The Droptines are a bargain. I got the Veracity scopes on closeout for just over $300 each and am happy with them.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’ll have to check when I get home. But from what I recall, zeroed on my rifle I get close to two full revs in Mil (20mil). That’s with a 20moa base. Let me confirm though. Bottom line way further than I ever plan to shoot. With a 6.5c that’s beyond a mile at my location.
Confirmed. 21 mil up travel from zero with 20 MoA base. (~72 MOA)

gerry35

WKR
I have 5 Burris Scopes. 2 Droptine 4.4-14x42s, both on rimfires, 2 Veracity SFP and this pictured XTRIII 3-18. The XTR is unimpressive given the price. The reticle is useless below about 7-8X. Eye box is tight. It's meh in low light. Glass is good and it adjusts as it should. The Droptines are a bargain. I got the Veracity scopes on closeout for just over $300 each and am happy with them.

Thanks for the honest review on your XTR III. $300 is a crazy good price for a scope the quality the Veracity series.

MEdude

Lil-Rokslider
Minor testimonial for a 2-10x40 Signature HD: Gun fell off my pack while double timing it down a hard pack dirt road. Next rounds fired showed no POI shift. I was pleased with that.

I like the reticle. I also like the locking turrets operation, though I have no comment on dialing accuracy beyond 250 yards at to this point. Seems like decent value to me.