Bullet Storage Solutions

WCB94

FNG
Hey all,

I am wondering if anyone has storage solutions for their bullet collections? I've amassed quite the collection since getting into reloading several years ago, and was looking for some ideas regarding my bullet storage. I have considered tackle trays,driver bit boxes from Lowe's/Home Depot, and just using general ammo cans, but I'm wondering if anyone has a better solution. I am hoping to organize by caliber and weight, if it's reasonable to do so. I understand there are a million different ways to skin this thing, so I was curious to hear from everyone about their preferred solution. Thanks!

gman82001

WKR
I keep expensive hunting bullets in the factory boxes so the lots are all together. Bulk .224 bullets go in a Tupperware bowl and I just reach in and grab one as I’m seating

rayporter

WKR
a shooter here got one of the cabinets with a bunch of drawers that each hold a couple boxes of bullets each. he arranged it for diameters and weight etc.

so, one day he was shooting with several of us and had an odd round go off. loud and kicked some.
"boy i touched one off that time" he yelled." the next one locked up the bolt and he beat it open with a board. it took some searching but we finally figured out he had a .264 bullet in a 25-06 shell. it happened because his .257 and .264 drawers were one over the other and he reached up to get bullets from the wrong drawer.

since that i leave mine in the original box.

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
Like mentioned above, leave in the original box and use something like a library card catalog or cheap top tool chest from Harbor Freight with the shelves labeled accordingly.

clem

FNG
Sounds like a dope woodworking project. Some "simple" cabinetry and drawers with some Blum soft close slides.

A382DWDZQ

WKR
I use a metal filing cabinet with copper in one drawer, lead in another. Also metal ammo cans for overflow or if I have enough of one logical group to fill a can.

WestTN2288

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_0809.png
I like these little storage bins from harbor freight. Use painters tape and sharpie for labels. Cheap + they stack and can be pulled out 1 at a time. This bench is beside the loading bench, so I try and only keep 1 bullet at a time on the actual loading bench

Vern400

WKR
I use original containers and always keep bullets with the original labels if I have to repackage. Only ONE box out at a time. Boxes line the back of my reloading bench like art. Even boxes of 1000 with a bag inside.

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
I bought some Husky cabinets from Home Depot and mounted them to the wall above my loading bench. Have my powder in one and bullets and primers in another. Bullets are in original boxes and are sorted by caliber and weight.

B23

WKR
I have a couple Tennsco 48x24x78 HD storage cabinets I put everything in now. Reloading components in one and loaded ammo in the other. The HD version is rated for 400lbs per shelf. Unfortunately, they cost more then the standard version but the regular ones are so flimsy much weight on the shelves and the shelves nearly bend. Before that I had everything on a couple rack type shelves and they worked ok but if you have the room the cabinets are nice.