Bullet sleeve

Catchfish

WKR
I’m looking for a bullet sleeve to hold 2-3 rounds in my pocket. I always keep a few extras in there but I would like to keep them together and protect the tips of the bullets. It would also keep the tips of the bullets from poking through the mesh. Does anybody know of a product that is out there.

Taudisio

WKR
Your suggesting the hard plastic piece from the ammo box?
Maybe he is referring to the federal sleeves?

I use a kuiu shell wallet. It holds “10” shells, so more than you’re asking. I just want to tag in to see what other products are out there.

OP
C

Catchfish

WKR
How does this FHF fit in a pocket. I found it too I was afraid it was going to be bulky.

intunegp

WKR
It looks like the Bison Tactical one you posted and/or the FHF do exactly what you're asking for, but let me ask a different question...

Are you dead set on keeping the cartridges in your pocket? The Bison is intended to be attached to your rifle and the FHF can attach to anything with straps...pack, bino harness, rifle sling, etc. Do neither of those solutions work for you? Personally I try to keep as little in my pants pockets as possible.

Anyway, here's another option from @TandKHunting

OP
C

Catchfish

WKR
I am kind of set on keeping some in my pocket. It’s always my piece of mind. I keep 3 in my Bino harness and a small wallet in my backpack as well. I’ve just always figured the backpack ones are my last shots. Worst case scenario is that a get tangled with a bear and my Bino harness gets ripped off but I will still have ammo in my pocket. I’ve seen to many guys losing bullets the they keep on their rifle slings, buttocks and on their forearms. Walking touch brush to risk that.

I’ve been working on going to the Bino harness ammo first but it’s been hard to get over the pocket bullets when reloading. It’s something I don’t even think about after shooting an animal. My hand goes to the pocket and reloads.

Bcleck90

WKR
@Catchfish Are you shooting a single shot or something? Most hunting rifles (bolt guns) hold 3-6 rounds that I’m aware of. Why do you need such a quick reload?

Read some of the Grizzly attack threads here if you’re relying on loose or organized rifle rounds in your pocket being a good solution.

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
I am kind of set on keeping some in my pocket. It’s always my piece of mind. I keep 3 in my Bino harness and a small wallet in my backpack as well. I’ve just always figured the backpack ones are my last shots. Worst case scenario is that a get tangled with a bear and my Bino harness gets ripped off but I will still have ammo in my pocket. I’ve seen to many guys losing bullets the they keep on their rifle slings, buttocks and on their forearms. Walking touch brush to risk that.

I’ve been working on going to the Bino harness ammo first but it’s been hard to get over the pocket bullets when reloading. It’s something I don’t even think about after shooting an animal. My hand goes to the pocket and reloads.
We make a few options.

https://tandkhunting.com/products/ammo-wallet

The ammo wallet is bigger but can fit in your back pocket like a regular wallet - carries 14 shells up to 3.5" in total length

Additionally, we make this https://tandkhunting.com/products/3-round-pouch

It's pretty small and can easily fit in a pocket as it only holds three rounds.

If you have any questions just holler!

WashCycle

FNG
The FHF would fit well in your pocket if you took off the straps. holds 3 rounds of 30cal mag no issue. Talking like a cargo pocket or a side cargo pocket. I think any rounds in a front or rear traditional pocket no matter the case is going to feel bulky...IMO

bluedrew2

FNG
Im sure if you search around, there are some really cool vintage option as well. Might have to hit eBay, but it was either LL Bean, Orvis, or Abercrombie that used to make a very nifty leather sleeve for a number of rounds. I have pictures somewhere of one that I found, otherwise the options aforementioned seem to fit the bill and in modern materials which will likely stand up to weather with much less maintenance.

My wife took a neoprene can coozie, flattened and sewed it to hold a few rounds. I slip this in my bino harness and it works perfect there or in my pocket. Let me know if you want a picture and I can get one when I get back home.

OP
C

Catchfish

WKR
My wife took a neoprene can coozie, flattened and sewed it to hold a few rounds. I slip this in my bino harness and it works perfect there or in my pocket. Let me know if you want a picture and I can get one when I get back home.
I hadn’t thought of the koozie idea but was looking at cutting the pocket off of an old pair of neoprene chest waders. Lots of koozies laying around can I see a pic of what she made. Finding somebody who sews is going to be the harder part for me.

OP
C

Catchfish

WKR
@Catchfish Are you shooting a single shot or something? Most hunting rifles (bolt guns) hold 3-6 rounds that I’m aware of. Why do you need such a quick reload?

Read some of the Grizzly attack threads here if you’re relying on loose or organized rifle rounds in your pocket being a good solution.
No not a single shot, and my rifle does hold 3. I’m just used to loading back up as soon as the animal is down.