Bullet Shortages

Thegman

WKR
Are any people here in the know on why bullet shortages continue from some companies?

Hornady seems like they're getting products out pretty normally, but Sierra, Nosler and Speer seem like half of their staff must be off vacationing on a remote island in the south Pacific.

They're in business to sell product, and could sell a ton if they'd make it, I would think. Anyone know why it's not being made in sufficient quantities?

I think what you see is the civilian hobby market. I’m guessing each company has a unique balance of military versus civilian production scheduled. No doubt each company is running at full tilt trying to satisfy unprecedented demand from both markets simultaneously.

RWT

WKR
Hello Ukrain and Israel. Go check some of the Govt bid boards for RFQ’s

EdP

WKR
My guess is that Hornady had excess production capacity that has allowed them to do better at keeping the supply of the more popular projectiles available simply by adding workers/shifts. If the other mfgs need additional machinery and floor space to expand production it is not a simple matter especially if numerous mfgs are trying to do the same thing at the same time. Sierra supplies the gov't and gov't contracts specify that they can submit orders at any time which MUST be filled on schedule, so the civilian market suffers when that happens.