Bulk shotgun shells

WRO

WKR
Id like to get a pallet of 12ga target loads if I could get them at big enough discount, I can get them locally for around 8-9.00 a box.

Has anyone ever done this and saved money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I do this.

We buy clays and shells by the pallet.

Shells run thru my hands like sand.

I look at it as more of a convenience activity than a cost savings thing.

In this market, Dick's and Walmart stopped selling clays. It became a hassle to acquire and move clays around. I don't think we save any $ but it eliminates trips and searching.

For shells, you really need to be a real dealer to get a proper discount. I pay around $78 a flat and $400 to ship the pallet. I have no anxiety about running out. I don't have to run around to get shells before I shoot or have guests or go to a tournament. I'd pay retail and handle pallets for the convenience but the cost savings is welcome.

Premium shells aren't available all the time and are more expensive than generic target loads. If you're trying to buy the cheapest shells you have to know which of the bottom of the barrel you like enough to get stuck with for a long time and hope your tastes don't change. It would do me no good to have 1 1/8 oz economy shells to go up against tournament targets or practice for FITASC. It would do me no good to have a pallet of 1300fps 1oz loads that make my eyes hurt.

Some other caveats are:
- you pretty much have to be involved in the sporting clays community to have access to palletized supplies
- you need a fork lift or track loader with forks or eat your savings for lift gate service
- you need a commercial delivery address otherwise you'll be making arrangements with trailers and favors and losing the savings again

Last edited:
OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
I do this.

We buy clays and shells by the pallet.

Shells run thru my hands like sand.

I look at it as more of a convenience activity than a cost savings thing.

In this market, Dick's and Walmart stopped selling clays. It became a hassle to acquire and move clays around. I don't think we save any $ but it eliminates trips and searching.

For shells, you really need to be a real dealer to get a proper discount. I pay around $78 a flat and $400 to ship the pallet. I have no anxiety about running out. I don't have to run around to get shells before I shoot or have guests or go to a tournament. I'd pay retail and handle pallets for the convenience but the cost savings is welcome.

Premium shells aren't available all the time and are more expensive than generic target loads. If you're trying to buy the cheapest shells you have to know which of the bottom of the barrel you like enough to get stuck with for a long time and hope your tastes don't change. It would do me no good to have 1 1/8 oz economy shells to go up against tournament targets or practice for FITASC. It would do me no good to have a pallet of 1300fps 1oz loads that make my eyes hurt.

Some other caveats are:
- you pretty much have to be involved in the sporting clays community to have access to palletized supplies
- you need a fork lift or track loader with forks or eat your savings for lift gate service
- you need a commercial delivery address otherwise you'll be making arrangements with trailers and favors and losing the savings again

I’d love to pick your brain sometime on loads as I’d like to compete sometime in the future.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
My preference is 1oz load.

I'm not interested in 1 1/8 oz.

7.5's or 8's but I prefer 7.5 shot.

1165-1290 fps.

I prefer 1200-1250fps.

My stack right now is B&P Competition One.

Fiocchi is great.

Winchester AA lite handicap is great, but I can feel the extra recoil with 1290.

Challenger is great, 12ga at least. Their 20 gauge stuff looks "subbed out".

grfox92

WKR
Not sure how much they are now. But those 4 pack bricks of 100 low brass 12 and 20 GA were always right around $20.

Not sure how much they are now as I haven't bought any in probably 5 years. But that's always the cheapest route.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

gearguywb

WKR
I bought a pallet last week. With shipping we were at 85 per flat

I wish I could find a pallet of B&P’s but they have been well north of $100 per flat since Covid

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
Not sure how much they are now. But those 4 pack bricks of 100 low brass 12 and 20 GA were always right around $20.

Not sure how much they are now as I haven't bought any in probably 5 years. But that's always the cheapest route.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

They’re 36-38 now.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
GermanHunter96