Build options for a Kelbly Nanook SA

WKR

WKR
Would like some recommendations from guys who have built off this action.
Stocks/chassis
Bottom metals
Triggers
22 inch barrel (probably steel not carbon on this one)

25 creedmoor reamer? Do I need a custom chamber job to shoot the berger 133 EH or Sammi spec chamber?

@Ryan Avery is there a 25UM in the works?

I would like to keep it sub 8 pounds without the scope

For the stock I want a vertical grip and a flattish fore end so I can put an area 419 arcalock rail on it.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You have a bolt face already?

I am loving my 25 SST shooting 133 bergers at 3150 out of a 24” barrel. I could get more speed if so pushed further. Preferred Barrel makes some prefits and I have one coming for Nucleus in #3 profile.

I have carbon fiber McMillan Sentry, AG composite Adj Hunter, Greyboe Trekker, and Stockys. The Sentry is an interesting stock that takes AR grip and buttstock on a square carbon fiber stock.

The Trekker with BDL is super light. With M5 adds a few ounces but I get the magazine.

With a 24” CF barrel it’s under 8 pounds. Only my AG adjustable would push it over.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
You have a bolt face already?

I am loving my 25 SST shooting 133 bergers at 3150 out of a 24” barrel. I could get more speed if so pushed further. Preferred Barrel makes some prefits and I have one coming for Nucleus in #3 profile.

I have carbon fiber McMillan Sentry, AG composite Adj Hunter, Greyboe Trekker, and Stockys. The Sentry is an interesting stock that takes AR grip and buttstock on a square carbon fiber stock.

The Trekker with BDL is super light. With M5 adds a few ounces but I get the magazine.

With a 24” CF barrel it’s under 8 pounds. Only my AG adjustable would push it over.
.308 bolt face, is the sst a mag bolt face?

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yeah, the SST is a mag bolt face.

The 22 creed shooting the high BC bullets has been on my mind, but I have a ton of 6mm bullets for my .308 bolt face actions. Running the high BC 6mm gets me what I want. Also, plinking steel out to 1000 yards is easier to spot impacts when it’s at least 100 grains. The 105-115 gr class of 6mm in the creed case are pretty awesome. Anything over 3000 fps in a high BC bullet makes me smile.

If you want velocity, dropping to the .224 caliber does it.

Look at the 22 GT as well. I know a couple guys that love it. The extra powder in the 22creed has diminishing returns. The relative shape of the cartridge, being shorter, makes it easier to load, more consistent, and efficient.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Yeah, the SST is a mag bolt face.

The 22 creed shooting the high BC bullets has been on my mind, but I have a ton of 6mm bullets for my .308 bolt face actions. Running the high BC 6mm gets me what I want. Also, plinking steel out to 1000 yards is easier to spot impacts when it’s at least 100 grains. The 105-115 gr class of 6mm in the creed case are pretty awesome. Anything over 3000 fps in a high BC bullet makes me smile.

If you want velocity, dropping to the .224 caliber does it.

Look at the 22 GT as well. I know a couple guys that love it. The extra powder in the 22creed has diminishing returns. The relative shape of the cartridge, being shorter, makes it easier to load, more consistent, and efficient.
I'm pretty settled on the 25 creed, just curious if there are better reamers than the saami spec out there. I'm not too concerned with going super fast.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don’t have any Kelby’s. I looked at them a couple times deciding if I would get a new lighter actions.

As a basic Rem 700 clone with the bolt release up high means most any stock will fit. No special inlet quirks for it.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Trigger hanger doesn't get in the way of anything?

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
You will have to do final inlet for the trigger jhang we but it’s really simple, and absolutely worth having the trigger hanger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Whys that? Whats the advantage of a trigger hanger besides quicker swaps

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Whys that? Whats the advantage of a trigger hanger besides quicker swaps
The trigger hanger is going to require a little bit more material to be taken out around the front and back of the trigger. The hangers are nice for changing them out but you should be able to get different hangers to time your trigger without having to do any cuts to the cocking piece. With that being said I bet 99% of people just roll with the original hanger and do not mess with it.

As far as the 25 creed goes I don't know if there is a Sammi Spec reamer print for it. I went with the JGS 25 Creed BJ (131 FB) for the 133 and 134s. Puts your boat tail to bearing surface right at the bottom of the neck.

Attachments

• 25 CREED BJ.pdf
    315.1 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: WKR
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
The trigger hanger is going to require a little bit more material to be taken out around the front and back of the trigger. The hangers are nice for changing them out but you should be able to get different hangers to time your trigger without having to do any cuts to the cocking piece. With that being said I bet 99% of people just roll with the original hanger and do not mess with it.

As far as the 25 creed goes I don't know if there is a Sammi Spec reamer print for it. I went with the JGS 25 Creed BJ (131 FB) for the 133 and 134s. Puts your boat tail to bearing surface right at the bottom of the neck.
Thanks for this, did that chamber work out well accuracy wise with the 133 elite hunters?

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for this, did that chamber work out well accuracy wise with the 133 elite hunters?
We threw a random load together and shot a couple of 1/2 inch groups at 100 and called it good for now. Going to use it for some PRS shooting so I won't change anything until after 200-250 rounds once the barrel is broken in and has sped up.

Reactions: WKR
OP
WKR

WKR

WKR

Do you own the reamer? Or can you point me in the direction of who has one that will do a chamber job for me?

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Bumping this thread for magazine recommendations, do I need to have a binder plate? Looks like coal will be right around 2.880 which is the max with the hawkins hunter mags. Id like to have a little wiggle room so I was looking at the mdt mags without binder plates.