Bug protection options for going floor less

idig4au

WKR
I'm running an MLD Doumid.

What do you think best options for bug protection? Should I look at a single nest or a bug bivy? I can't decide best way to go. I'm looking for lightweight option.

If you need ground bug protection as well the Cuben MLD Solo inner works well. If it's just a matter of keeping mosquitoes and flying bugs out, you could have MLD put a nano bugscreen skirt around the base of your Duomid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
idig4au

idig4au

WKR
More ground protection is the concern for the hunt area I'm looking at. My MLD has the bug skirt already added. Doesn't help with ants and other creepy crawlers though!

As already been stated, the solo inner should fit the bill. Total protection at 8.5 oz. for the CF. Otherwise there are several manufacturers that make silnylon bivy's right around 6 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look at the bear paw designs net tents. Seem to be a nice option for a little more than a bivy but not a full net nest. Thinking about grabbing one for my Megatarp when super buggy.

molon labe

Mv48

FNG
Ray jardine has some innovative approaches to inner bug tents. You may be able to adapt that approach for your inner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk