Buffalo Bore Ammo Order Issue

KHNC

WKR
After seeing the many suggestions for Buffalo Bore Ammo for bear defense, I placed an order on July 6, 2022 for two boxes of .40cal + p ammo. Tracking said order was out for delivery by UPS on 7/13/2022 to my office. I sit in the front and can see out the front door while im working. At 3:15pm I get a tracking text from UPS saying my shipment was delivered at 2:51pm. It was pouring rain like a monsoon at the time. UPS did not stop at my office nor leave a message. I sent an email to Buffalo Bore stating what happened, and that i would email the next day if no delivery. No delivery of the ammo on 7/14 either. I sent the info to BB. On 7/15/2022 I went by the local UPS shipping dock location, provided the tracking number and told them I did not receive package. They told me the shipper would have to initiate a lost parcel claim. I called and left a message for Karen at Buffalo Bore. Message said she is the office manager and would return calls promptly, and to please send email. Emailed again with info from UPS about claim. On 7/14 I received an email from a Wayne Brown regarding the issue. He stated Karen would check on this and get back to me about it. I thanked him for the reply. I had still not had a return call from Karen by the end of day on 7/18/2022. Emailed to check on update. Wayne replied nothing yet. I decided to go ahead and place an order with Underwood Ammo for a replacement on 7/18 as well. I needed it to start doing some shooting with my new chest rig. Elk hunt is early september in Grizzly country. Received the order from Underwood on 7/22/2022. Sent an email for Buffalo Bore on 7/21/2022 to request a refund once the issue was resolved. Wayne replied again that nothing would be done until they hear back from UPS on the shipment. I did not reply. Yesterday, 7/27/2022, I still had not heard back from Karen or Wayne with any updates regarding the order. No call back at all from Karen , the office manager. So i emailed again stating I wanted a refund right away. Wayne got really sarcastic in the email back to me. He stated he had no authority and I would have to continue waiting on Karen to reply about the order and it was not Buffalo Bores fault UPS did not deliver my order. He also said he could tell my "attitude was deteriorating and if it continued that he would start to care less" about resolving my order. As you can imagine, that response immediately pissed me off about the whole thing.
Now that i have told the story. What is yalls opinion? Should Buffalo Bore 1. Send me another shipment of ammo and wait for UPS to pay them back for not deliverying?
2. Give me a refund and settle with UPS
3. Continue to tell me its not Buffalo Bores fault , and i should just do without my $105.60 and no ammo as well.

Not had an issue like this before. I realize UPS didnt do what they said they did, but I paid Buffalo Bore for an Item. I didnt receive the item through no fault of my own.

Boomer51

FNG
That seems like piss poor customer service. I shoot Buffal Bore too. I haven't had to use their customer service before. Noted.

Jim

sndmn11

WKR
UPS is slow and sucks with their investigations.

Send the ammo company an email nicely requesting that they send a replacement shipment. Let them know that if in the meantime UPS delivers the original shipment while the second is enroute, you will pay for the second. End the email by saying that your next step would be to dispute the charges with your card company and you plan to do that by X day.

I think the described customer service is bad, but don't forget the goal of an objective resolution by being stuck on the subjective parts.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
UPS is slow and sucks with their investigations.

Send the ammo company an email nicely requesting that they send a replacement shipment. Let them know that if in the meantime UPS delivers the original shipment while the second is enroute, you will pay for the second. End the email by saying that your next step would be to dispute the charges with your card company and you plan to do that by X day.

I think the described customer service is bad, but don't forget the goal of an objective resolution by being stuck on the subjective parts.
I agree with this. They declined to do anything at all until they "supposedly" hear from UPS on the matter. I have not been kept in any type of loop on investigations, or whether or not they started one or not.

I did call my bank this morning to open up a dispute. I think that is good advice and I was debating on doing that as well.

sndmn11

WKR
I agree with this. They declined to do anything at all until they "supposedly" hear from UPS on the matter. I have not been kept in any type of loop on investigations, or whether or not they started one or not.

I did call my bank this morning to open up a dispute. I think that is good advice and I was debating on doing that as well.
Their declining to take any action might be due to the value proposition IF the original shipment is found, they are then on the hook for the second shipment UPS cost to you, intercepted, and back to them. That's probably $35-40 total cost on a $100 transaction. Offering the solution of purchasing the replacement shipment IF the original shipment is found and delivered, should satisfy that (unspoken) position.

When I was in their position in the past, I would play the wait and see what UPS finds game unless the customer had a hunt coming up or other urgency. If they did, I would ship right a replacement right away, but if they didn't the simpler solution was to wait with an assurance that the customer would get what they ordered regardless.

Their declining to take any action might be due to the value proposition IF the original shipment is found, they are then on the hook for the second shipment UPS cost to you, intercepted, and back to them. That's probably $35-40 total cost on a $100 transaction. Offering the solution of purchasing the replacement shipment IF the original shipment is found and delivered, should satisfy that (unspoken) position.

When I was in their position in the past, I would play the wait and see what UPS finds game unless the customer had a hunt coming up or other urgency. If they did, I would ship right a replacement right away, but if they didn't the simpler solution was to wait with an assurance that the customer would get what they ordered regardless.
Would you have said this to one of your customers after the person in charge went a month without replying to emails?
He also said he could tell my "attitude was deteriorating and if it continued that he would start to care less" about resolving my order.

sndmn11

WKR
Would you have said this to one of your customers after the person in charge went a month without replying to emails?
Nope, not at all.

However, regardless of which side of the conversation one is on, getting hung up on subjective comments and emotional bait doesn't do anything to solve the issue. Providing objective solutions and responding with objective actions does move towards resolution.

Nope, not at all.

However, regardless of which side of the conversation one is on, getting hung up on subjective comments and emotional bait doesn't do anything to solve the issue. Providing objective solutions and responding with objective actions does move towards resolution.
I hear ya, and agree that's the mature way to be. At this point OP's already got replacement ammo and simply needs a refund not more ammo.

BBob

WKR
Not siding with BB at all but in my experience it takes shippers (FedEx, UPS) like 2-3 days to do their internal tracking before they get back to me on lost packages. But yeah if it goes beyond that and BB continues to get snotty move on with your bank.

I get that and have no problem waiting, IF the company is responsive and communicates in an honest manner without attitude. But once attitude is exhibited, I'm going straight to my consumer protections offered by credit card companies and putting it to an end.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
I get that and have no problem waiting, IF the company is responsive and communicates in an honest manner without attitude. But once attitude is exhibited, I'm going straight to my consumer protections offered by credit card companies and putting it to an end.
Another full business day has passed with no return call or email from anyone of authority at Buffalo Bore. I have the CC dispute initiated. I will be on vacation next week in the Bahamas. Wont be thinking about this at all while im gone. lol. I will hope that a resolution is accomplished upon my return however. I still have to work tomorrow though. If anything is updated from BB, I will update this thread. Right now, I have zero confidence in BB customer service.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
UPDATE:

Got my refund VIA credit card dispute through my bank. Refunded full amount on 08/05/2022.

During this entire process, neither Karen or the owner , Tim Sundles replied to me in any way. Tim was copied on all correspondence, as was Karen. I had also left voicemails for Karen that went unreturned. Had it not been for my disputing the charge, I am confident that Buffalo Bore would have made zero effort to resolve my order issue.

Pretty terrible service, and they wont get a second chance from me. I will stick with Underwood Ammo for my handguns in the future.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
There have been a number of ammo shipments lost lately. IDK what’s up with that.
Yeah thats too bad for sure. Not hard to spot ammo shipments unfortunately. They should be requiring signatures at UPS and FedEx. They drop shit off wherever and claim it was delivered. Or they steal it and say it was delivered. Either way, signature should be required.