Budget Wide Fixed blades

Beendare

WKR
The 9.3gpi Accmos shafts I’m currently shooting are as good as anything Eastotn makes, in fact, very good spine consistency and the finish on them is much better…all at 1/3rd the price.

The 2 blade BHs I’m shooting at 1/3rd the price of many others are darn good steel- it takes a pass thru into rocks to wreck them.

My Toyota hunting arrows with BH at $11.50 ( edited, I calc’d it) are as good as any $45 or more Mercedes arrows….heck some BH’s alone are that much.

I hunt with guys shooting those very expensive arrows…they never want to stump shoot or unleash a practice arrow in the woods that keeps them sharp and ready to make a good shot in the woods.

Edit; there are some darn good 2 blade heads for as little as $2 each if you look around.

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
Guess I should have prefaced that this is for whitetail hunting, so more than likely 40 and in. So you are telling me if I can not spend the money on the absolute best I should not be out hunting, guess the old timers up until at least 2010 or later were absolutely wrong in what and how they did things. Budget does not always mean crap products.

Thanks for assuming I am a shit-shot and worried about losing arrows in that way. If your quality broad head is junk after shooting it at most things, less than a brick wall, is it really quality? Or do you just not know how to resharpen it to reuse it? Those lighted nocks are also adding weight to the back of your arrow that is not really needed. Those nocks arent going to do much anyway if an arrow is buried under cattails and marsh grass with. 6 inches of water over the top of them. Guess I am probably a crappy hunter for hunting in such a setting also, again refer to the guys shooting big deer in the upper mid-west.
He didn't say you have to buy the best, most expensive heads. He (and I) just want you to buy a good head. Sometimes you can find a bargain. Usually not.

Maybe define budget friendly. When I hear someone say that, it makes think they want something cheap.

@BigAntlerGetter has probably seen more elk and deer die than the great majority of people anywhere. So listen.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
Guess I should have prefaced that this is for whitetail hunting, so more than likely 40 and in. So you are telling me if I can not spend the money on the absolute best I should not be out hunting, guess the old timers up until at least 2010 or later were absolutely wrong in what and how they did things. Budget does not always mean crap products.

Thanks for assuming I am a shit-shot and worried about losing arrows in that way. If your quality broad head is junk after shooting it at most things, less than a brick wall, is it really quality? Or do you just not know how to resharpen it to reuse it? Those lighted nocks are also adding weight to the back of your arrow that is not really needed. Those nocks arent going to do much anyway if an arrow is buried under cattails and marsh grass with. 6 inches of water over the top of them. Guess I am probably a crappy hunter for hunting in such a setting also, again refer to the guys shooting big deer in the upper mid-west.
Don’t get your feelings hurt, you didn’t provide any specifics about your budget. A simple Lusk search would have provided you with the exact objective form of information you seek. This forum is more for discussion than it is resolution. Anyways, how much are you willing to spend for 3 heads?

I agree with you Forestryguy. Budget to me means affordable. Lots of great choices out there and some of them have already been mentioned. Magnus, Simmons, Kudu, Helix, etc. Are you wanting a 2 blade or multiple blades? I shot a Simmons Mako last year. This year I switched to the 3 blade Exodus. I like the looks of Tooth of the Arrow as well.

If you shoot 150 gr heads, the kudu at 1.4” and a bleeder option is a wicked head and not IW or GK price

If kudu built a double bevel version, I’d likely not ever shoot anything else

Reactions: Zac
Magnus Stinger 150 with bleeders. 362lb black bear in May. Can’t post the video of the blood trail.

Muzzy Phantom with bleeders is also a great head.

Any of the Simmons heads

Ace heads

Snuffer or Woodsman’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Zac

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
He didn't say you have to buy the best, most expensive heads. He (and I) just want you to buy a good head. Sometimes you can find a bargain. Usually not.

Maybe define budget friendly. When I hear someone say that, it makes think they want something cheap.

@BigAntlerGetter has probably seen more elk and deer die than the great majority of people anywhere. So listen.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

He didn’t even recommend a broadhead, so listen to what? Guy asked for a recommendation, not a lecture. If the lecture came with a recommendation, it’d have been more productive.