Budget waders

I’m out on a little vacation doing some fishing and my waders are leaking in multiple spots. It’s time for something new. Now I dont use them more than a couple of times a year so I don’t want to spend much. I mainly use them in my float and for some wading off shoreline.

Can I get something comfortable for $150 or so?

Holski

FNG
I have Simms but tore a hole in them, So I ended up buying a pair of Compass 360 tailwaters in Gunnison to hold me over until I could patch my Simms and have been super happy with them. I got them on sale for $129 but looks like Scheels has them for $159. Have had them for 6 years and still don't leak and I use them more often than my expensive Simms!

Rich M

WKR
Bass pro/cabelas used to have a plain old pair of breathable for about $100. Might still do. Id get 3-5 duck seasons out of them.

OP
MuleyFever
I have Simms but tore a hole in them, So I ended up buying a pair of Compass 360 tailwaters in Gunnison to hold me over until I could patch my Simms and have been super happy with them. I got them on sale for $129 but looks like Scheels has them for $159. Have had them for 6 years and still don't leak and I use them more often than my expensive Simms!

Looks like they are not available anymore and Scheels only has a size small left.

Finch

WKR
I don't own any waders but have seen this company on Amazon.

TIDEWE Chest Waders, Hunting Waders for Men Realtree MAX5 Camo with 600G Insulation, Waterproof Cleated Neoprene Bootfoot Wader https://a.co/d/gzgQzmP

summs

Lil-Rokslider
What ever pair cost $100 or less and not PVC. They usually last 2 years if a budget or entry level. Only one's that have lasted are top of the line LL bean for uninsulated and top of the line drake insulated for waterfowl. But so expensive for not being dependent on it.

Holski

FNG
Have had good luck with my basic amazon waders. Were really cheap but i've used on lots of hunting and fishing trips, marching over rocks and breaking ice and they have yet to start leaking and are pretty darn warm for those cold mornings in the duck blind.

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
I love Simms quality and customer service. Have only had two pair in my entire time fly fishing with some years getting 50+ days in them. Started with the first edition Tributary waders but the stocking foot came apart from the wader after a couple years. Simms went above and beyond to make it right on their end. I ended up with the Guide waders which have been absolutely amazing.

The current Tributary waders are a little out of your range, but they may be worth a look. Feel free to PM me with any wader questions!

-RadDad

Last edited:

Ethanram

FNG
Check Rogers sporting goods they have good deals Rogers brand waders are about a 100 bucks I just got a pair of Avery for 130 From there.