Budget-ish tripod for binos and shooting?

Fire power

Lil-Rokslider
I used a Vanguard with an integrated head for a couple years before upgrading and it was ok. I dont remember what it cost now but I'd say somewhere around $50.

Cheaper heads will be frustrating to glass with but its doable.

khuber84

WKR
Leofoto makes a good Tripod for the money, they cloned a lot of the RRS style stuff. They have a 364c with a anvil style head. There was a used one on the hide for 400 the other day, it's gone. But here's a new one on ebay for 475$

These weigh right about 5#. I use a leofoto 323c Tripod (225$) with a Sunwayfoto IB30 Inverted arca/pic ball head(125$) at least that was prices 2 years ago. This is my hunting setup. All up is right at 4.4# and is very steady seated prone and kneeling shots. A 36 or 40mm leg Tripod is better for standing shots. I have a leofoto 362C that I have used for prs matches last two years and it's been excellent.

BBarnett13

Lil-Rokslider
If you're still looking, I have a Rekon Tripod I'm going to list shortly. PM me for details.

OP
T
Thanks all, I ended up ordering the 29mm irrnoel tripod with head for $190. Weight capacity of 44lbs so I figured a 10pb rifle should be able to be easily support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sglass

FNG
I believe its going to be hard to beat the offerings from Leofoto for the price. Plenty (almost too many) options. I ordered mine new off eBay at a steep discount and couldn't be happier with it.

AHAL

FNG
RRS is the king of tripods. Any budget setup is an attempt to get as close as possible for the lowest amount of money. Typically you can pick two: inexpensive, light, stable.

RRS is light and stable, though expensive

Shadowtech (hog saddle dudes) is inexpensive and stable, though heavy

I have a shadow tech without a ballhead but with a hog saddle direct mounted. So it is somewhat lighter, fairly steady, but it is not fast to set up due to the fact the the only adjustment comes from the hog saddle.

I also have a RRS with an anvil and it is perfect - though pricey.

my favorite options-

Innorel, solid option, pick a good head
Two vets - a little pricier and basically just an innorel (I would probably get one of these)

or, you could do something like get the CF shadow tech tripod then throw a very high end head on top such as a RRS.

jcmupar

FNG
I use the INNOREL ST344C. It is a solid performer for me so far. For sure on the heavy side, but very easy to deploy. Takes some getting used to for glassing with a ball head, but opens up a ton of different shooting positions. Most important thing, regardless of what you choose, is to practice with it a ton.

For shooting AND
glassing I really like this tripod. For only shooting I would choose one without the center post. I've been very happy with them for the money. Many other companies are selling their own rebranded version of Innorel or Artcise tripods for much more money. Rekon, and Canati are just a couple examples.

eric1115

WKR

bard

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks all, I ended up ordering the 29mm irrnoel tripod with head for $190. Weight capacity of 44lbs so I figured a 10pb rifle should be able to be easily support

How do you like the tripod? I am looking at them right now and trying to decide on what model.

OP
T
How do you like the tripod? I am looking at them right now and trying to decide on what model.

It was a soild tripod but I ended up returning it due to weight. It is approx 4lbs and I ended up going with a vortex mountain pass to save a lbs. Innorel is a better tripod all around compared to the vortex other than weight

bard

Lil-Rokslider
It was a soild tripod but I ended up returning it due to weight. It is approx 4lbs and I ended up going with a vortex mountain pass to save a lbs. Innorel is a better tripod all around compared to the vortex other than weight

do you recall the model number you had? I am trying to find one between 2-3 pounds. They don't make it easy finding actual weights on Canadian amazon.

OP
T
do you recall the model number you had? I am trying to find one between 2-3 pounds. They don't make it easy finding actual weights on Canadian amazon.

GT284C+N36

Cswedeen

Lil-Rokslider
I use an Athlon Midas AL28 and it works great for my needs. Sub 5 lbs, 26 lb load limit, and can be found around $200.