Budget hot tent & stove?

_MountainBum

WKR
Classified Approved
Hey folks, my days of day hunts are getting to be very taxing on the body, tired of hiking 4 miles in then back to the truck and back in the following morning -

Looking for a budget tent/teepee & stove option and what input you guys might have.

Would only need to be a 1-2 man max tent.

Thanks!

Legend

WKR
Hey folks, my days of day hunts are getting to be very taxing on the body, tired of hiking 4 miles in then back to the truck and back in the following morning -

Looking for a budget tent/teepee & stove option and what input you guys might have.

Would only need to be a 1-2 man max tent.

Thanks!
Used setup is the easy button. They come up fairly often.

However, I went a different route and made my own. I purchased a used floorless tent (mountain hardware hoopster 6) and then sewed in a stove jack. Having used several of the big name brands I think my tent has a lot of advantages. First, it is a mountaineering design made for wind. It is way better in the wind than a teepee. Second the sidewalls are more vertical so you get more usable space. And last, a pro and a con is that it is much shorter....better in wind and less volume to heat...but you can't fully stand up.

If your handy I say build it.

OP
_MountainBum

_MountainBum

WKR
Classified Approved
Used setup is the easy button. They come up fairly often.

However, I went a different route and made my own. I purchased a used floorless tent (mountain hardware hoopster 6) and then sewed in a stove jack. Having used several of the big name brands I think my tent has a lot of advantages. First, it is a mountaineering design made for wind. It is way better in the wind than a teepee. Second the sidewalls are more vertical so you get more usable space. And last, a pro and a con is that it is much shorter....better in wind and less volume to heat...but you can't fully stand up.

If your handy I say build it.
Thanks for the input!!

Geewhiz

WKR
If you go the route of sewing in a stove jack (or having one sewn in), I would recommend looking into the SJK outpost 4 as a budget minded floorless shelter.

RocketRob16

Lil-Rokslider
With budget in mind I would recommend an Argali with a lite outdoors stove if you’re not wanting to do any sewing like the previous replies.

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
if you sew your own in, focus more on the location instead of the stress of putting in a stove jack. After doing my own, though happy with the results, I wish I'd have paid more attention to the location and how I was going to use the tent.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
There’s a thread on Ali Baba titanium stoves, give it a read, they work great and are half the price.

OP
_MountainBum

_MountainBum

WKR
Classified Approved
There’s a thread on Ali Baba titanium stoves, give it a read, they work great and are half the price.
I actually ended up buying a Danchel T6 (same specs as the seek large) for 200 off alibaba last night, super good deal.

Getting a argali rincon 2P setup for 250 to go with it