Budget Cooler Recommendations

Jack321

Lil-Rokslider
About 7 yrs ago, Costco had 150 qt Igloos for like $75-100. My dad, I & bro each bought two. I also have a Grizzly 120qt. No issues.

Took em to WY 2x for antelope, MT for elk & New Brunswick for bear.

Each time, they did great.

WY antelope loaded em up with meat & heads & everything stayed cold for the 2 day drive back home. We had an 8 hr delay near Omaha, NE cuz my front end went out in the truck, so that cost us basically a 3/4 day driving. Came home & still cold.

What really impressed me was our bears. It was 2.5 days & the one night in Ohio it was like 95° in June as we pulled into the hotel. We didn't wanna open em, we debated if we shoulda repacked with ice at the hotel but ultimately decide not to. Left the next day, got home & was still cold.

Zero concerns.

Heading to WY again this fall for elk same set up as Montana-- My only concern if theyll fit in my buddys truck bed? I can fit all six 150qt coolers in MY truck bed w/topper, plus gun cases & duffle bags + the 7th cooler on a hitch hauler. I got an ol 2004 Ram 1500 with a 6.5" bed, BUT my buddy wants to take his newer Ram 1500 that has a full 4 door but the bed is 6" shorter than mine. Will our 6 coolers fit?

Psalmon

FNG
I have a Cabela’s cooler for little over 6 years now it’s a little more expensive but it hold ice for a long time and I haven’t had any fish or meat spoil in it and I’ve had it cooling drinks in 100 degree weather and only had to ad ice maybe once every four days