Budget 20-60x Spotting Scope

Tingrao

FNG
I actually ended up getting the 20-60x version from the Sportsman’s Warehouse deal. $450 is a very good deal for the 16-48x
How did your purchase work out for those long range views into dark timber or shaded hillsides? Any regrets with your choice as I too have been waffling over the last few months on a similar decision. Having glassed a few days in CO for first rifle this year to no avail, I feel like some extra reach may have helped locate something more that what we saw.

OP
T
How did your purchase work out for those long range views into dark timber or shaded hillsides? Any regrets with your choice as I too have been waffling over the last few months on a similar decision. Having glassed a few days in CO for first rifle this year to no avail, I feel like some extra reach may have helped locate something more that what we saw.
I just used it on a Wyoming mule deer hunt. I don’t have anything to compare it to, but to me it seems very clear and handles low light well. The view through the spotter was just as bright as the view with my naked eye in low light, and I was able to glass right up until dark. The image degrades a little once you start cranking the magnification up, but was still very usable at 60x, provided you can keep it steady. Every spotter will degrade a little when you turn up the magnification. I really like the dual focus knobs as well to help fine tune the focus. Overall I am very happy with it, especially given the price.

I have used my Gen 1 razor before obviously but I just got home from 3rd season co and this was the first time that I would say I put serious time behind a spotter.

I was very happy. It’s such a huge jump from the viper I had in 2020.

SLC 10s on my chest with Meopta 15s on a tripod are my normal system and I’ve avoided the spotter a lot in the past. This year I forced it into my routine and it hung right in there with my European glass