Browning X-Bolt Pro vs Tikka in a Peak 44 Blacktooth Carbon Stock

Long time lurker and have learned so much from this forum. Finally found a reason to join as I have a question I'm hoping y'all can help out with. Also hoping to contribute as I get more experience. Here we go.

I got a smoking deal (IMO) on a brand new Browning X-Bolt Pro for $1k all in. The rifle I was looking at prior to this deal was a Tikka T3x Lite Roughtech in Stainless Steel (ember version) and just running it as is for $1k all in. However, after getting my hands on the browning, I'm liking the carbon stock. I already have a Hunter version of the X-Bolt in 30-06 that has been my go-to rifle for everything I've needed and shoots very accurately with the factory loads I feed it. I've had TIkka's before and loved them as well. Wanted something new for western hunts (I'm located in Oklahoma) and to try one of the newer calibers that are out, so here we are.

The dilemma. I feel like I could resale the X-Bolt Pro for ~$1,500 and take the $500 in equity to apply to the Tikka and have a very nice rifle with $500 in it (not including glass, rings and such) and leave it as is. Or, sell the roughtech stock ($150-200 maybe?) and buy a Peak 44 Blacktooth carbon stock and be all in for ~$1,100 with a full stainless steel action/barrel vs cerakoted steel action/barrel on the Browning and be within 0.2 lbs of weight difference between the Tikka with carbon stock and the Browning with carbon stock.

Thoughts of which would be the best route? Which would be the better firearm overall in either configuration? Thank you for any guidance on this.

The browning is going to be a better balanced, nicer carrying rifle. I really like the flush mags on the xbolts for carrying. A roughtec in a light carbon stock is going to be barrel heavy, which is actually nice for carrying because it puts the balance point in front of the mag. I wouldn't fuss over such a decision much, both are nice rifles. Tikka will have a better trigger.

OP
W
The browning is going to be a better balanced, nicer carrying rifle. I really like the flush mags on the xbolts for carrying. A roughtec in a light carbon stock is going to be barrel heavy, which is actually nice for carrying because it puts the balance point in front of the mag. I wouldn't fuss over such a decision much, both are nice rifles. Tikka will have a better trigger.
Thanks! I wasn't getting much love on this thread and didn't know how to delete it. Started another one with a poll and it got more attention. Votes leaned Tikka but the consensus was: Tikka if I want to tinker with better aftermarket support. Browning if I want a nice rifle out of the box and prefer to leave things alone (minus the trigger spring).

To add, I went and held the Tikka and it just feels so cheap compared to the Browning Pro. Mainly the stock. Which is where I'm guessing most of the price difference is between the two in their factory form.

PC356

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Call it a fetish if you like but it’s mostly justified. Tikkas are amazing factory rifles that become even more amazing with easy to do minor mods. Way better factory triggers and barrels, actions can’t even be compared to a 700. Not to mention the sketchy safeties on Remingtons. Got plenty Remys or clones that shoot great and don’t hate em but facts are facts.

Call it a fetish if you like but it’s mostly justified. Tikkas are amazing factory rifles that become even more amazing with easy to do minor mods. Way better factory triggers and barrels, actions can’t even be compared to a 700. Not to mention the sketchy safeties on Remingtons. Got plenty Remys or clones that shoot great and don’t hate em but facts are facts.
I mean they have the same length action for long and short action cartridges and they are double what the rem700 use to be. You could pick up an adl for $350, swap out the trigger and stock and be around what a tikka cost today. Blue printing and truing actions was always over rated and have little to do with accuracy. Its mostly about barrels which is why tikka still has accuracy issues and the same “just rebarrel it” mentality exists with tikkas.