Browning X-Bolt Pro or Tikka in a Carbon Stock **POLL**

Which would you choose with cost being equal?

• Total voters
In my mind:

Tikka roughtech ember pros:

Stainless steel
Better aftermarket support
“Normal” thread pattern 5/8x24

Cons:

Have to sell factory stock and wait for new stock
Non flush magazine
1 lb heavier but will be fixed with new stock
Browning Pros:

Turnkey package and 1 lb lighter as is
Better muzzle brake
Flush magazine
Tang safety (I prefer)

Cons:

Has Cerakote but barrel is normal steel
Odd thread pattern
Little to no aftermarket support
" Have to sell factory stock". Is that some sort of requirement for buying a Tikka? It seems it`s the first thing that many ( most? ) say when commenting on a Tikka rifle. Are their stocks really THAT crappy? I`m no real expert mind, but the one on my new T3X Super Varmint certainly seems substantial enough.

" Have to sell factory stock". Is that some sort of requirement for buying a Tikka? It seems it`s the first thing that many ( most? ) say when commenting on a Tikka rifle. Are their stocks really THAT crappy? I`m no real expert mind, but the one on my new T3X Super Varmint certainly seems substantial enough.
My super varmint arrived 2 days ago and after owning other tikkas I planned on just changing out the stocks but the super varmint is I believe the best stock they have ever put on a tikka. I just wish they put the QD sling mounts in the sides like they have on the sako S20.

sdupontjr

WKR
I have several tikkas (T3 308, T3 7mag, CTR 308) and the older Browning Abolt II Medallion in 7mag. He is correct, the M-carbe spring was the only thing that I did to my Browning since 1994 and it still drives tacks. The action is as slick or slicker than all my Tikkas. Mine is however blued, not SS. All the tikkas are SS. The one plus of the Browning is the fact that with the 7mag or most LA cartridges, my magazine can be modified for longer COAL and not limited like the Tikka. Not sure if the X-bolt can be done the same way.

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
The stocks are actually really good for a factory stock. They are a fiberglass reinforced polymer and are quite stiff for a tummperware. They also have the modular grip piece which is cool so you can swap to a vertical grip. The recoil pad is trash so you can swap that out as well to one from limbsaver.