Browning x-bolt Max SPR

Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? There’s about zero info out there… and the aftermarket support for browning is lacking. But for the price they look very tempting. Disregard the caliber choice in the link, I’m not set on any one yet.

For reference I already own a couple of tikkas and a RAR.

Looking for any input and first hand experience, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
That seems like a great price to me. It looks like same stock as the X Bolt Long Range Max, just a shorter barrel.

I’ve been very content with the stock it comes with. I also think the trigger, upgraded with an M Carbo spring is great. I put a Timney in mine, but will be selling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
bombhunter
That seems like a great price to me. It looks like same stock as the X Bolt Long Range Max, just a shorter barrel.

I’ve been very content either the stock it comes with. I also think the trigger, upgraded with an M Carbo spring is great. I put a Timney in mine, but will be selling it.

Awesome. Thank you!

H80Hunter

WKR
I was so tempted by one in 7 PRC with a 20” barrel on MidwayUSA but eventually resisted the urge. It was 7.7 lbs.

OP
bombhunter
I was so tempted by one in 7 PRC with a 20” barrel on MidwayUSA but eventually resisted the urge. It was 7.7 lbs.
Yeah that’s a hesitation of mine as well… wondering how much of that is in the stock as that may be remedied once stockys makes their xbolt stocks.

That seems like a pretty cool option. i've never fondled one in that config but I like my stainless stalker xbolt.

I wonder if that fore end is as flexible as the sporter stock.. that's a good price.

OP
bombhunter
That seems like a pretty cool option. i've never fondled one in that config but I like my stainless stalker xbolt.

I wonder if that fore end is as flexible as the sporter stock.. that's a good price.
Yeah shorter threaded barrel and the stock looks decent, if it doesn't flex very much that would be a bonus. And for some reason I keep telling myself I need a 7 PRC. Of course I could build another Tikka as well, but the price on this vs. the Tikka route is a substantial difference. And I already have a couple of Tikka RSS's.

@onlybrowning , does your stock have a lot of flex at the forend? Any other con's you can think of other than the trigger (which seems like just a spring will help a lot)?

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah shorter threaded barrel and the stock looks decent, if it doesn't flex very much that would be a bonus. And for some reason I keep telling myself I need a 7 PRC. Of course I could build another Tikka as well, but the price on this vs. the Tikka route is a substantial difference. And I already have a couple of Tikka RSS's.

@onlybrowning , does your stock have a lot of flex at the forend? Any other con's you can think of other than the trigger (which seems like just a spring will help a lot)?

No, but I did bed mine. I’m not sure that it needed it, but I did it. When I did, the barrel had some contact, so I hogged it out, then filled it with bedding compound (JB Weld) just for appearance sake and I am ok with it being heavy. I don’t ever intend to carry it to hunt.

I find it to be a very comfortable, well designed stock. I have a KRG Bravo on a Tikka that I wish felt more like the Browning stock (this is not a slight on the KRG Bravo at all)). The stock is comfortable and adaptable.