Browning x bolt any mark downs?

Loper

WKR
I've been looking at getting the OD Green Xbolt in 30-06 but the low price point has me wondering if they sacrificed accuracy or craftsmanship. Have you shot it yet to be able to give a review of it?
If you’ve been thinking about getting one, I would do it soon, There is a rebate going on now, until some time in early July if I recall.

OlPappyB

FNG
If you’ve been thinking about getting one, I would do it soon, There is a rebate going on now, until some time in early July if I recall.
Yea I've seen the rebates. I just want to know how well it shoots, craftsmanship, quality, etc... before I do get the OD Green model

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a Xbolt Hunter OD green in 300 Win w/brake for $750 recently. Hopefully it shoots decent. Have a Stalker model in 30-06 that shoots good and was going to try the same model until I seen that on their site for 2024
Had a chance to shoot it yet? I'm looking at one in 7mm PRC. I went and fondled it at the store. The stock seems a little cheesy, but the action and barrel should be x-bolt quality.

Steve P

FNG
Have not shot it yet, still have to mount scope and hopefully will get to shoot it by the end of the month.

elkivory

FNG
BassPro has the x bolt hunter in OD Green for $599 and then a $50 rebate for club members. I have been wanting to get an inexpensive 300 Win Mag. Any comments on the quality of this gun. Also, what is different on the x bolt 2. Thanks

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
I checked one out at Cabelas last week. Cheaper stock, but the rest is Browning x-bolt quality. I'm tempted to grab one in 7mm PRC. The x-bolt 2 is mostly new stock configuration and barrel lengths/materials, some get a new trigger. The regular x-bolt is still a top of the line rifle.

I checked one out at Cabelas last week. Cheaper stock, but the rest is Browning x-bolt quality. I'm tempted to grab one in 7mm PRC. The x-bolt 2 is mostly new stock configuration and barrel lengths/materials, some get a new trigger. The regular x-bolt is still a top of the line rifle.
I have been looking at the Ruger American gen 2, but then the X-bolt hunter went on sale. Do you have an input on either, how the stock feels/ bolt function? I have held the Ruger and it seems to be a cool little rifle, I have an X-bolt speed lr and I like it. I just need a rifle in 308 and am thinking one of these.

MarkOrtiz

Lil-Rokslider
The synthetic stock on the Browning can move it you squeeze it to the barrel hard. The rest is nice though. The bolt is super smooth and I’ve never heard of a browning that won’t shoot well. I held the RA gen II also and it is an upgrade from the first one, but I think the Browning is a bit nicer. I have a Browning x-bolt silver medallion .308 and it shoots great.

The synthetic stock on the Browning can move it you squeeze it to the barrel hard. The rest is nice though. The bolt is super smooth and I’ve never heard of a browning that won’t shoot well. I held the RA gen II also and it is an upgrade from the first one, but I think the Browning is a bit nicer. I have a Browning x-bolt silver medallion .308 and it shoots great.

Awesome to hear. Thanks.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
I snagged one of the composite hunters in 7prc a few weeks ago. It, like my other Xbolts, is a real shooter.
Here is an 7 shot group at 100 with the Federal eld-x load... pardon the two "flyers" while I was setting up the scope. I may be in the minority, but the stock on the xbolt is one of the better "budget" synthetic stocks on the market in my opinion. BUT, I'm also one of those waiting with fingers crossed for a Stocky's option to hit the market tho!

Attachments

• IMG_8068.jpeg
    IMG_8068.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 15

br459

FNG
Woods and Waters in Tuscaloosa is having a good sale on them. I know they might not be local but they in Tuscaloosa Al

I snagged one of the composite hunters in 7prc a few weeks ago. It, like my other Xbolts, is a real shooter.
Here is an 7 shot group at 100 with the Federal eld-x load... pardon the two "flyers" while I was setting up the scope. I may be in the minority, but the stock on the xbolt is one of the better "budget" synthetic stocks on the market in my opinion. BUT, I'm also one of those waiting with fingers crossed for a Stocky's option to hit the market tho!
That's a great group! Did you let the barrel cool down between rounds? What did you do for barrel break in?

Bears

FNG
This is a heckuva deal. I have a Browning xb1 hells canyon 6.5CM that's a tack driver. Very nice rifle and looks great. I ordered this in a 7MMPRC to try a new cartridge. Not a fan of the OD green stock but I'm going to try a hydro-dip on it.

Bears

FNG
I picked mine up last night (in 7MM PRC)
Seems like a solid gun, didn't see much difference between it and my Hells Canyon model.