brownells howa 1500 16 inch heavy barrel

bnsafe

WKR
anyone did a build with this. I was gonna do a build with a tikka, but this is quite abit cheaper and already threaded. how was accuracy, action, weight

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I like the Howa Mini. Fit and finish is not as good as Tikka. I like the trigger, and cutting on the spring makes trigger pull lighter. I lightly wet sanded the bolt to make it smoother.

The magazine release is weird on the front, mags and bottom metal are plastic but run fine. I switched out to the aluminum DIP bottom metal and ground the profile of the mag release lever smaller.

There is new bottom metal out there. I don’t know much about it.

I run a Stocky’s VG on it.

Barrels have shot well on the Howa rifles I have seen. But, I customized my mini and put a new barrel on it.

If you wait till Black Friday, Brownells usually runs a very very good deal on them. I plan on getting another then.

180ls1

WKR
I like the Howa Mini. Fit and finish is not as good as Tikka. I like the trigger, and cutting on the spring makes trigger pull lighter. I lightly wet sanded the bolt to make it smoother.

The magazine release is weird on the front, mags and bottom metal are plastic but run fine. I switched out to the aluminum DIP bottom metal and ground the profile of the mag release lever smaller.

There is new bottom metal out there. I don’t know much about it.

I run a Stocky’s VG on it.

Barrels have shot well on the Howa rifles I have seen. But, I customized my mini and put a new barrel on it.

If you wait till Black Friday, Brownells usually runs a very very good deal on them. I plan on getting another then.

The whole bolt? Any tips, procedures or related? My dad and I have superlites and the bolts are a little rough, especially when they are all the way back. If I could improve that last 25% it would be really helpful.
IMG_2089.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2090.jpeg
    IMG_2090.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I smoothed the entire bolt, made a huge difference.