Brown bear rug or mount?

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 body mounted black bears and a few rugs but hoping for a brownie this fall. Wandering what others have done with theirs . If you could post photos i would be much obliged.

keller

WKR
I full body mounted mine.dont know how to postpics if you send me an email or cell number I can send pics. I look at it every day and am glad I did.

OP
S

sniper61

Lil-Rokslider
Wandering why the lack of feed back . Maybe i should have asked how would you have your brown bear done?

I would personally rug it. probably mostly because I don't have the room for a full mount, if you have wall space rugs are easy to find a spot for...I also like the trapper nelson rolled up cape mounts as well, always thought it would be cool to do a 21st century version with a modern pack frame and the head properly taxidermied like it would be for a rug.

(not brown but this is how I mounted my first bear, skull on the table is not his)

YinEkFa.jpg

3tqOiXx.jpg

AH3X0UK.jpg

xutN474.jpg

WCB

WKR
I would personally mount it. I have never liked rugs and the outdated felt crap they put behind it. A standing bear only takes a corner as long as you have high enough ceilings. my dad and grandpa each have full standing brown bear both 9.5 and grandpa has a rug of a 10ft. I vote mount 100%

I have a nice black bear that I had rugged. It really looks sharp. I got a grizzly bear this past fall and I am going to have it made into a rug also to hang on the Wall. I could put a life-size bear in our house but it surely would take up some room, and the expense is a LOT more than a rug. I am doing it with a closed mouth. I had my black bear done open mouth and it looks good but I think I'll like the closed mouth better on my rug. I never saw my bear growl or anything else and I just want this to look beautiful and dignified because he certainly deserves it.

David

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
Consider size of wall. I rugged a 9.5’ kodiak and the wingspan is over 10’. It doesn’t fin in any standard wall! Even turned one paw on a ceiling and one paw on the ground. In my current house there is no wall big enough. It is carefully boxed and in heated storage. A waste!

I shot an even bigger brown bear and it is just tanned. It is just tanned and Hanging up by nose and still stuff all over ground. Still not ideal.

A full body would take up too much room and would love to have one, won’t spend the $ or have the space.

I don’t like standing bears. You almost never seem like that. I like closed mouth bears on all 4- that’s how they really are.

I hate all growling and open mouth mouth bear rugs/mounts. Too fake for me.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Consider size of wall. I rugged a 9.5’ kodiak and the wingspan is over 10’. It doesn’t fin in any standard wall! Even turned one paw on a ceiling and one paw on the ground. In my current house there is no wall big enough. It is carefully boxed and in heated storage. A waste!

I shot an even bigger brown bear and it is just tanned. It is just tanned and Hanging up by nose and still stuff all over ground. Still not ideal.

A full body would take up too much room and would love to have one, won’t spend the $ or have the space.

I don’t like standing bears. You almost never seem like that. I like closed mouth bears on all 4- that’s how they really are.

Why not put the rug...on a floor?

BAKPAKR

WKR

One of my friends has a closed mouth, on all fours mount and I like it much better than the few standing, mouth open mounts I have seen. It does take up quite a bit of floor space.

Reactions: Guy
I have an archery bear "slam" all rugged in one area of the house. The brown, polar and grizzly are all on one wall and neat as heck to my eye. The black is just across from them. Wouldn't want them life-sized but that is just my taste.

Downwind

FNG
Why not do a half mount? Not as much wall space as a rug, more options for wall placement than full body on the ground. And price wise is less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I shoot my Brown and Grizz I’m pretty sure it’s just going to get tanned, and hang on a hook. I’m done with taxidermy expenses unless it’s a truly exceptional animal (B&C)

I don’t like the standing mounts at all. I have a nice black bear rugged open mouth that I wish was closed. Of course euro the skull.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I have an archery bear "slam" all rugged in one area of the house. The brown, polar and grizzly are all on one wall and neat as heck to my eye. The black is just across from them. Wouldn't want them life-sized but that is just my taste.

I would LOVE to see that. Any chance you could post a pic? Or even PM one?

as.ks.ak

WKR
2220810e82f59ba4097c22099708eb19.jpg

I never liked the open mouth thing....until
I shot a bear that was snarling and popping his jaws when I shot him. This one was on his hind legs with a paw on a big ol’ cottonwood and the other swatting the air when I let him have it in the center of his chest at 18 yards. That was a rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk