Bronco?

Chad717

FNG
I am 6 foot two 235 pounds so I don’t know what they mean by tiny maybe they are huge people I’m not one of those weird people that defend something because it’s mine I am not a brand guy I like any vehicle that will get the job done but so far I like it.

problems with the jeeps and bronco isnt hunting in them, its getting to where you are going.

My jeep was miserable for anything over 2 hours, 6 was insanity.
Having lots of friends with Jeeps is what cured me from wanting to own one. Fun to wheel in, terrible to ride down the freeway in.

mmac

WKR
I had a Rubicon 4 door and now a Wildtrak with fox suspension. I understand it is basically the suspension from the ranger raptor. Jeep is smaller and ride is miserable compared to the bronco 4 door. The bronco has been great and is faster down 95% of the stuff out there. If you really want to rock crawl the jeep is better at only the rock crawling part. The jeep is built better for serious stuff. Solid front offers more confidence to me and something is less likely to go wrong in serious stuff than those tie rods... But overall love the Bronco. You can easily take it on a long trip. I like it better than the 4 runner I just rented. Base model, but rode better and more features. Trick is getting one.

OP
N

NCTrees

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the feedback. Went and drove one yesterday, a 4-dr wild track. Pretty impressive. Plenty of power, brakes felt ok, moderate road noise. I’d call it mid-size, I’m 6’4” 260# more than enough leg room. With a roof rack there’d be plenty of room for various rambles, if you run reasonably light.

As many have noted they’re selling as if consumers are a bunch of junkies. Except this first ones not free. Getting what they’re asking for them it seems. I didn’t just fall off a turnip truck nor have enough disposable cash to pay $10-15k over MSRP so it looks like a wait or something else.

I can't believe they're still charging that much over msrp!
I really wanted one when they first came out.
Local dealer wouldn't even let you drive them unless you finished purchasing paper work first for the astronomical "market price". All you could do was sit in the passenger seat as they started it.

I thought the ceo of ford came out and specifically told dealerships that there would be penalties for jacking up prices. Guess the penalties aren't hefty enough or dealerships just don't care.

I think they look awesome, but that's as far as it goes.

I'd drop that same amount of cash on a nice used low mile certified gx460 if you're wanting capable and great ride on the road, along with room for dogs and gear.

Imo ground clearance is my main concern. Bronco doesn't cut it (the small one) anything with good clearance will work

yfarm

WKR
own a 13 JKUR and a 22 Wildtrak Sas, have put many interstate miles on both, no comparison in ride. Bronco can do 1000 mile days without issue. Wish the bronco had another 12“ of cabin length. As others have said the little bronco ( bronco sport) isnt the same vehicle as the full size. 2.7/10sd has as much power as you could ask for unlike the 3.6/5 spd. Rented a 2022 JLUW with the 4xe in Las Vegas in May, was very happy with that vehicles acceleration and ride but Bronco is still better.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion it was a huge mistake for Ford to decide to name two vehicles the same name. Just is confusing to consumers. They got away with that with the original full sized bronco and the bronco II. But those where vastly different sizes and shapes and never caused the confusion they have today with the bronco and the bronco sport.

SDHNTR

WKR
Aren’t they fraught with problems and have had multiple recalls already? I was half interested until I saw a NHTSA report on “catastrophic engine failure”. And the markup over msrp is just nuts! It’s a cool car, but it has to work reliably. I don’t understand manufacturers selling (and consumers buying) features over reliability!

Chad717

FNG
We haven’t had any problems or recalls, I paid msrp, I refused to pay over that. It is a loaded Badlands with Sasquatch, you can find them at msrp you just have to shop around.

JAM7

FNG
I think it’s worth pointing out that there is the “full size” Bronco and the smaller Bronco Sport which are two different vehicles. I haven’t driven either, but people with refer to them both simple as “Bronco” which can cause some confusion. Just want to some sure it’s all apples to apples.
This right here. It’s unfortunate that Ford has diluted the Bronco brand name with the “sport.” They did the same thing with Mustangs and their ugly new electric car.

I bought a Bronco two months ago under invoice from a dealer in Iowa. I went with 4-door manual transmission and it’s been great so far. Done a couple of road trips with gf and dog, and had no issues with space.

Wanted to give an update here, Our '22 Bronco Badlands w. sasquatch, 4cyl w. manual is now 2 years in dealing with me using it as a hunting/camping vehicle. No problems with it, immensely capable and decent to drive.

Ours is a soft top, which either works for you or it doesn't. Not having to deal with the panels is great. Using the rear is a bit of a hiccup but we replaced the kickstand with struts and it's better.

I built a small panel to raise the cargo floor up to the level of the seat backs and sleep in it when I'm on the go. Over the last 2 years I've slept about 30 nights in it.

Weldor

WKR
Appreciate the feedback. Went and drove one yesterday, a 4-dr wild track. Pretty impressive. Plenty of power, brakes felt ok, moderate road noise. I’d call it mid-size, I’m 6’4” 260# more than enough leg room. With a roof rack there’d be plenty of room for various rambles, if you run reasonably light.

As many have noted they’re selling as if consumers are a bunch of junkies. Except this first ones not free. Getting what they’re asking for them it seems. I didn’t just fall off a turnip truck nor have enough disposable cash to pay $10-15k over MSRP so it looks like a wait or something else.
Do the rear seats fold flat or is there a hump?

Weldor

WKR
I think they should have done better re doing the 1996 fullsize Bronco with the eco-boost. I regret selling my 1988 Full size Bronco with 302. It hit all the marks for a good hunting rig.