broadhead

dotman

WKR
Do i have to use a crazy looking head or can i use my NAP Hellrazors? With season opening in 2days i don't want to mess sighting in again.

If shooting for the body aim here.

00small64639679.jpg

I prefer Grim Reapers for body shots, but if you hit them where you are supposed to any head will do the job quickly.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Haha, i think i read a blog tonight withose exact pics. Thanks for all the help guys.

Just a little note. I personally dont like broadside on turkeys, especially on a strutter. I like the "texas heart shot" full strut facing away aiming for the base of the fan. Or the away shot exposing the spine.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am the exact opposite. I like any shot on a turkey. I have shot more turkeys broadside at full strut more than anything. Imagine a horizontal line where their beard attaches and a vertical line up their legs....where those two lines meet is a great spot to put your arrow. They never go far at all! Facing you placement is near where the beard attached and facing away at full strut placement is their poop chute. Facing away not in full strut placement is just below dead center. All these shot placements have worked wonders for me!

B

bearguide

great post on shot placement / but if you hit one do not just wait and watch / go run him down before he gets up and gets going again / i have lost a few, it is easy to do