Broadhead Tuning Bow

I just wanted to post a thread to go over how I broadhead tuned my bow. And to help you guys not make the same mistakes I did. First of all here are my specs

I shoot the Hoyt Torrex Bow
72lbs
29" DL
300 Spine Easton 5mm Axis Arrow
Arrow comes in at 520 Grains with 12.9% FOC
I Shoot the QAD Exodus Broadhead

When I was building my arrows, I nock tuned every bareshaft so that really helped with my broadhead flight and got my broadheads hitting close to my field points, but not perfect. My broadheads were hitting right, so I adjusted some of the yokes because I thought it was cam lean. That didn't help. So I then adjusted my grip which fixed almost all of my issues and had my broadheads hitting almost identical with my field points out to 40yds. If I were to do this again I would adjust my grip first instead of the bow. Then a couple weeks later I wanted to go a touch further and get everything dialed at 50. At 50yds my broadheads were about 3in to the right of my Field Points. I messed around with a few things but couldn't get it. I noticed my bubble seemed to be a bit off. So on one of my shots I tilted my bow till about 1/3 of the bubble was outside the lines. And then it shot amazing. So I adjusted my sight and everything went in line. Broadheads and field points were so close that I couldn't tell if it was me or the bow was off, so I said that's good enough. I thought my sight was leveled, but apparently not. So now it's good and I am really confident in how it is shooting. I just pulled SD cards for the first time here in MN and I am seeing some decent antler growth. So I am excited to see what some of these bucks turn into. And I can't wait to go hunting this fall. I'm going to college this fall, so I don't know how much I'll be able to hunt, but I'm gonna make the best of it. I want to saddle hunt, because that will allow me to be the most mobile this fall, which I really need. But that stuff is really expensive, and I don't know if I will be able to afford it with how expensive college is. If not, I'll hunt off of the ground. I shot a buck doing that before, so I'll do it again! If you have any questions about my setup or how I did certain things, feel free to ask. I'll do my best to respond!!

Rob5589

WKR
#1 Based on pictures all over the interwebz, I'd say a great deal of people have a poor or less than optimal grip.

#2 Spend the extra bucks to buy a sight with 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment.

Glad you got it sorted out.

OP
Dylan Sluis
#1 Based on pictures all over the interwebz, I'd say a great deal of people have a poor or less than optimal grip.

#2 Spend the extra bucks to buy a sight with 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment.

Glad you got it sorted out.

My sight does have 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment. I have the HHA Optimizer Tetra. I leveled it when I got it... but apparently it wasn't perfect. Now it is which is all that matters

You can’t level 3rd axis when the bow is static, needs to be done at full draw. So if you did that and you are shooting at flat ground you don’t really know if 3rd axis is good.