Broadhead Storage/Travel

Sbarrera185

Lil-Rokslider
I started archery hunting last year and one of the issues I was running into was storing my broad heads and traveling with them from home to the field. I found a small box on Amazon for storing them and that’s how I would travel with them also. Looking at other ideas or how you guys store and travel with your broad heads.

I know of people having their broad heads on their arrows so they’re ready to go and in their travel case. I’ve also heard of people doing this and somehow someway their arrows shift during travel and cut up their bow strings ruining their hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a plastic arrow box - Easton and MTM make them. You can put a dozen arrows in there, or like 6 with BHs if you wanted to spin them before your trip.

Protects broadheads, vanes, fingers, and strings.
My first elk hunt my buddy cut his hand screwing on BHs at the trailhead lol

The iron will or skb cases are great for fixed. There are tons of cheap plastic ones for mechanicals, or just use a small Tupperware. Tape them closed before you travel so they can’t be opened.

Marshfly

WKR
The Titan Broadhead case fits perfectly in the end of the Plano arrow box. That's what I use. And then the Plano box fits the arrow pocket on virtually every bow soft case.

Attachments

• IMG_5313.jpeg
    IMG_5313.jpeg
    278.2 KB · Views: 16

Jbehredt

WKR
For air travel I use my Plano arrow case. If I’m driving I just put them in my quiver and put it on the floor behind my seat. No way I’m putting broadheads on in camp.

Used the MTM case and the. Added 1/2” foam to the lid to help keep them in place for travel and as the other foam wears out.

Really like that Iron Will case, may be time to treat myself :)

OP
Sbarrera185

Sbarrera185

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll try and get pictures of the box I found and purchased for my mechanical broadheads but wasn’t sure if it was the only option out there. It does the job and I don’t mind it but wanted to see what else was out there to give a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luked

WKR
My fixed heads are Slick Tricks and they make a case for them that you can store 5 in. I have 2 of those.
My Sevr if i travel I leave them in the case they come in as its hard plastic.
I also am a bit OCD with my Arrows so I put BH on all arrows and once I know that head matches that arrow I use a silver sharpie and number the Arrow and Head.
If when I travel any distance i know when I head to the woods which BH goes to witch arrow.
Just how I do it.

RC_

FNG
Unless you’re talking about flying, I think you’re overthinking this. Broadheads stay on dedicated hunting arrows and stay in my quiver pretty much all season. They ride in a separate pocket of my soft case to stay separated from my bow. I’ve also had a hard case and I would just keep the quiver outside the case in transit (just make it relatively secure in the vehicle so broadheads aren’t getting flung if you get rear ended). When flying I’ve used some sort of hard case inside my bow case to make sure they have no chance of getting loose and nicking a string and then put on and confirm zero at destination. I don’t see a need to take them on and off anymore than needed.

WCB

WKR
Keep broad heads on and get a dedicated arrow case. I use the Gold Tip Arrow Tubes. One tube for hunting arrows with broadheads on...the other with practice arrows. If I am hunting later that dayor consecutive days I just leave arrows in quiver and remove it form the bow.

All replacement blades or extra broadheads just go into a small like 10"x8" compartment box like you keep fishing tackle in. I have broadheads/replacement blades, extra field points, nocks, extra peep sight, sight batteries, string wax, and some lengths of serving material in it.

If they have to be removed like going into the Northern Territory of Australia I number and remove them from the shafts. I store them in a small hard plastic jar hand cream came in. I cut some foam to the diameter (3” or so) and stuck it into the jar, then poke the broadheads vertically in for cut on contact fixed blades.

If taking in expandables I would store them closed and loose in a prescription pill bottle as long as the blades are protected in the closed position.